ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Applications statistics and timelines

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

youngmoon
Ireland

Citizenship Applications statistics and timelines

Post by youngmoon » Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:56 pm

I found the following info in the Parliamentary Questions sections recently

The statistics are set out in the table below.

Length of time in system---------Number of applications
Less than 6 months--------------------- 5,636
6 to less than 12 months---------------5,931
Greater than 12 months--------------14,278
Total-------------------------------------25,845

Last year, the average time from receipt of application to issue of a decision was 23 months.
For a broad range of reasons, some cases will take longer than others to process. In some instances, completing the necessary checks can take a considerable period of time.

However, the Department is taking a number of steps to speed up the processing of applications and a number of digitisation measures have also been introduced to increase efficiency in the process, including eTax clearance, eVetting and online payments. The end result of the digitisation process will be to free up more staff to focus on processing applications in a timely and efficient manner, to improve service to our customers and reduce waiting times.

Last year, the Department made 11,512 citizenship decisions, which is the highest level since 2015. Additional staff have also been assigned to the citizenship team. Based on these measures, the Department's objective is to achieve an improved timeframe of 6-9 months for decisions on a majority of applications during 2022.

Link : https://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/PQ-01-03-2022-605

It should be great if they could achieve the 6-9 months timeline this year.

ailA2019
Ireland

Re: Citizenship Applications statistics and timelines

Post by ailA2019 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:26 am

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: My lawyer said, I have a client waiting for five years and another one waiting seven years for a decision, but they are scared to challenge the Department of Justice in court.

So, two years is nothing, you have to be happy.”

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:35 am

ailA2019 wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:26 am
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: My lawyer said, I have a client waiting for five years and another one waiting seven years for a decision, but they are scared to challenge the Department of Justice in court.

That's way too much, they certainly should take action. If they won't remind government about themselves, who will?
I can only admire their patience at this point.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:29 am

6-9 months is not close to reality at this point (for 2021 applicants). People applied in Feb-March 2021 just got their e-vetting done, so that’s 12 months. For people applied in late 2021 (like November) they didn’t even got their acknowledgement letter.

With full positivity it takes 5 months to get your letter for acknowledgement which means “we are working on your application”. So let alone 9 months I would be impressed if they can finalize 2021 applications in 18 months.

But of course it’s good to stay positive

ailA2019
Ireland

Post by ailA2019 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:13 am

meself2 wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:35 am
ailA2019 wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:26 am

That's way too much, they certainly should take action. If they won't remind government about themselves, who will?
I can only admire their patience at this point.
Of course, that's way too much, but not everyone is willing to take the legal route either and and also may be unaware that the option is available to them. You know, and you have to remember litigation is expensive and is not legally aided,”

james2005
Mood:
Croatia

Post by james2005 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:44 am

mentalmind wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:29 am
6-9 months is not close to reality at this point (for 2021 applicants). People applied in Feb-March 2021 just got their e-vetting done, so that’s 12 months. For people applied in late 2021 (like November) they didn’t even got their acknowledgement letter.

With full positivity it takes 5 months to get your letter for acknowledgement which means “we are working on your application”. So let alone 9 months I would be impressed if they can finalize 2021 applications in 18 months.

But of course it’s good to stay positive
I applied in January 2021, received e-vetting February 2022. No e-vetting link. Nothing. Now waiting 13 months. Not expecting a magic.

Mycalmo
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Mycalmo » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:32 pm

Send them a letter or email to remind them . I have seen many people people in the same Situation. Once they sent them a mail, they got a reply Asap .

james2005
Mood:
Croatia

Post by james2005 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:39 pm

Mycalmo wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:32 pm
Send them a letter or email to remind them . I have seen many people people in the same Situation. Once they sent them a mail, they got a reply Asap .
Yes i did sent them an email and even letter by registered post. They replied my email saying "they have received my completed e-vetting form and they will be in touch in due course." That was first week of March. Not sure if it's ok to send another mail? Won't they think i sound desperate?

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:57 pm

james2005 wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:39 pm
Mycalmo wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:32 pm
Yes i did sent them an email and even letter by registered post. They replied my email saying "they have received my completed e-vetting form and they will be in touch in due course." That was first week of March. Not sure if it's ok to send another mail? Won't they think i sound desperate?
We are in 3rd week of March, and last week was half off, beside they replied to you recently, so there is no reason to send them another email. So just wait to hear back from them. Like I said, applicants from October and November didn't even got their "acknowledgement letter" so you are in pretty good position at the moment.

fuzzbizz
United States of America

Post by fuzzbizz » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:39 pm

One thing I noticed - in the recent timeline posts, it looks like they've sometimes gone straight from the acknowledgement and passport return to e-vetting. Are they skipping the home country police checks?

_pikachu
Mood:
United States of America

Post by _pikachu » Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:53 pm

fuzzbizz wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:39 pm
One thing I noticed - in the recent timeline posts, it looks like they've sometimes gone straight from the acknowledgement and passport return to e-vetting. Are they skipping the home country police checks?
I applied Feb 2020, got approved citizenship Feb 2022. Only had to do gardai vetting online, didn't have to do a home country police report. I'm non-EU, from USA. Gardai vetting happened in Sept 2021, next letter was asking for fee, picture, and fidelity to the State.

Shug
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by Shug » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:00 am

Applied 27/3/21
Got a letter with no and recite for €173 june 2021
Sent email 15/3/22 any updates on my application
Git email back 4/4/22 your application is
Well advanced you will hear in DUE course
What is WELL ADVANCED MEAN

Patchwork
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Patchwork » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:20 pm

Shug wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:00 am
Applied 27/3/21
I don't think it means anything. I got an email reply with this wording about ten months before I got the approval letter, and when I emailed asking for an update about six months later I got another email with slightly different wording.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:24 pm

Shug wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:00 am
Applied 27/3/21
Just place an FOI request on your application and see the progress yourself.