ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change council for citizenship ceremony?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

elajo
Newly Registered
Philippines

Change council for citizenship ceremony?

Post by elajo » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:30 pm

Hi!

I just got my invitation email for british citizenship ceremony and I was shocked that my council's fee for a private one is £320/ person :shock:
Is it possible to change councils?
Other councils have cheaper private citizenship ceremony fees. I am afraid it will take ages to book a public ceremony due to covid backlog.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Change council for citizenship ceremony?

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:29 am

Not so easy to change councils. You would have to contact council/UKVI. The Council then has to send your certificate back to UKVI and it then gets sent out to another council and this process can take many weeks.

There is no Covid backlog anymore as such. If you do not want to pay for a private ceremony, then book the next available public one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.