ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport application after the ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cps111
Newly Registered
India

Passport application after the ceremony

Post by cps111 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:13 pm

Hello,

I received the email from HO that my application for Naturalisation is approved, now I need to attend the ceremony.

Here is my question for passport application:

While I do have a surname, my Indian passport does not contain my surname. As I use my surname in all aspects of life (Bank, Job, etc), for visa applications I submit an affidavit that the two people (one with surname and one without are same people).

So naturally, the certificate from ceremony will not contain my surname. But I would like to add surname in my British passport and then subsequently in OCI.

One way is: apply for British Passport and OCI with no surname and then change both of these to include the surname.

Is there any other way?

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Re: Passport application after the ceremony

Post by mesn » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:25 am

You could have made those changes to the Indian passport. But I believe now, the best option would be to apply for the British PAssport and then change add the surname to it later. And apply for the OCI card with the new name.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

laxmanhy
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Passport application after the ceremony

Post by laxmanhy » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:11 pm

Hi I am in a similar situation where in Indian passport there is no surname and in the naturalisation certificate the order of the name is printed as *SURNAME* FORNAME, they just removed KUMAR from the suffix and added it to SURNAME field. I have asked naturalisation team to print the name as mentioned in Indian passport. Once it is corrected I will apply for British passport in which I believe everything will be printed in the SURNAME field and given name they will mention it as 'XXX' as per the thread no surname

But will it impact the OCI application???...can some one please answer.

Everyone in this forum they started the discussion but no one is replying on their OCI status on this situation.