ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registration of Child born before ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Imm2021
Mood:
Mexico

Registration of Child born before ILR

Post by Imm2021 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:35 pm

Hello,

I have a query regarding the registration of my daughter for citizenship.

She was born before me and my wife got ILR, which we both now have.

I was filling out the application form, but I came across the following two questions, which I'm not sure how to answer:

a) 'Have you lived at your current address for 5 years?' No, she hasn't, because she hasn't turned five yet. However, if I answer 'no,' the system asks me for her previous address. ???

b) 'Country of Nationality.' What am I supposed to answer here? She hasn't acquired any nationality yet. ?? However, if I don't answer anything, the system won't allow me to continue.

Thank you!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Registration of Child born before ILR

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:31 pm

a) just select yes - a caseworker will know that child hasn't turned five yet.
b) child's current nationality is Mexican through parent? It's not about the nationality to be acquired.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.