ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child first British passport application document delays

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rajeevmanohar
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Child first British passport application document delays

Post by rajeevmanohar » Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:57 pm

Hi there

I have applied passport of my kids after Naturalization and sent original documents to Redgrave Court
BOOTLE passport office and still waiting for confirmation for receipt of original documents. I called on contacted no. 0300 330 0901 (passport advice line) and they asked me to wait until any confirmation / query from passport office. Would you please suggest if any action is required as it is now more than 12 working days, I have not received any confirmation / response from passport office.

Application submitted 4 March 2022
Document sent: 7 March 2022
Documents received by passport office: 8 March 2022 (as per registered post)
Document received confirmation is still pending

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Child first British passport application document delays

Post by Ticktack » Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:10 pm

There's nothing you can do but wait. Passport applications take 4 - 5 weeks these days. Don't forget that it's end of term, and a lot of people would have made plans to travel.

The most important is that you used a registered mail, so you know its been delivered. HMPO takes a while to confirm that it been received. It's much faster after that to show processing and printing.

Patience is a virtue.

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Post by mesn » Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:38 pm

rajeevmanohar wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:57 pm
Hi there

I have applied passport of my kids after Naturalization and sent original documents to Redgrave Court
BOOTLE passport office and still waiting for confirmation for receipt of original documents. I called on contacted no. 0300 330 0901 (passport advice line) and they asked me to wait until any confirmation / query from passport office. Would you please suggest if any action is required as it is now more than 12 working days, I have not received any confirmation / response from passport office.

Application submitted 4 March 2022
Document sent: 7 March 2022
Documents received by passport office: 8 March 2022 (as per registered post)
Document received confirmation is still pending
Been following the. passport timelines, you should hear back this week. There are 2-3 weeks of delay currently in confirming the docs.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

Ben1989
United States of America

Post by Ben1989 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:27 am

As has been said, nothing to worry about.

My documents took 17 days to be confirmed by HMPO