ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What evidence for settled status (retained rights)?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Selby795
Newly Registered
Canada

What evidence for settled status (retained rights)?

Post by Selby795 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:24 am

I'm applying for settled status as its just gone 5 years since I first entered on family permit. My EU spouse and I are now divorced but I qualify to remain under retained rights. Wondering if anyone can help me with what docs to supply to support having retained my rights? The settled status application says to supply docs without much guidance.

So far am planning to supply: marriage cert, stamped/dated by courts divorce application (to show date when application was made), decree absolute. Was also going to include 2x years of tenancy agreements for my spouse and I to prove we lived together for at least one year in the UK together.

Is there anything else?

tree12345
Newly Registered
Cyprus

Re: What evidence for settled status (retained rights)?

Post by tree12345 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:51 pm

Does your ex-spouse want to apply for settled status? If yes, she may have other evidence to show her residence in UK, and you may also have alternative evidence to prove yours, which can be another proof to show both of you have lived in UK for more than 1 year during your more than 3 year marriage.

Just try to gather as much evidence as possible even if some evidence only has your/her name on.