ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa application refused

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yembby
Newly Registered

visa application refused

Post by yembby » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:48 pm

at the expiration of my spousal-dependant visa, i applied for a student visa in my own right. However, because we used another person's address, i never got the documents requested for by the H.O. this led to them making a decision to refuse the application last year. i didnt know about this till this year.

our int'l p/p were not returned to our lawyer upon request, also at this last minute, our lawyer decided to withdraw from representing us at the appeal.

my question is: can we be detained straight away after the appeal haering ait, if unsussessful, as we have no legal documentation, and the h.o have our p/p, or will will be allowed back home pending the appal outcome?

can the h.o legally burst into our home to deport if appeal unsuccessful?

appeal is round the corner, advise needed urgently, as lawyerwithdrew only on friday past. thanks

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:54 am

Did your spouse have a student visa and you were the dependent?

If your application was refused due to you using an unreliable address, it doesn't look good. The home office will probably only return your passport if you're leaving the country. Get in touch with the home office about voluntary departure, buy a plane ticket and collect your passport at the airport.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:59 pm

or will will be allowed back home pending the appal outcome?
If you leave before you get the sticker in your passport, I think you will have trouble getting back into the UK.
because we used another person's address, i never got the documents requested for by the H.O. this led to them making a decision to refuse the application last year. i didnt know about this till this year
It isn't the Home Office's fault that you used an unreliable address. Unless it was a 3 year degree course at a publicly funded Uni, you could have finnished your course anway. Have you been studying all the time since you put the application in?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:34 pm

If you leave the country before the appeal is decided it will be treated as an abandoned in any event.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:41 pm

COllect dole of returning back home and enjoy home in recession