ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration from Japan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mitche
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Immigration from Japan

Post by mitche » Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:47 pm

I have a girlfriend in Japan, she wants to move here but doesn't want to stop teaching online, what is the best visa for her to get? (we might have children and get married) on a fiance visa you cannot work so i'm wondering what would be the best alternative

Can someone help me out please? :)

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Re: Immigration from Japan

Post by THO » Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:59 am

If she comes over on a fiancé visa and you get married as soon as you can, then she can start to work, because she will be on a spouse visa. Will mean she has to take a bit of holiday while you get your marriage license sorted. She has to be here 8 days before you can apply.

However, if her work is online and she is being paid into a Japanese bank, and paying the tax on the wages there, not sure if the UK govt would ever know or be able to find out? Or even if would it be considered as working in the UK?

THO.

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Re: Immigration from Japan

Post by bookerw100 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:36 pm

THO wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:59 am
If she comes over on a fiancé visa and you get married as soon as you can, then she can start to work, because she will be on a spouse visa. Will mean she has to take a bit of holiday while you get your marriage license sorted. She has to be here 8 days before you can apply.

However, if her work is online and she is being paid into a Japanese bank, and paying the tax on the wages there, not sure if the UK govt would ever know or be able to find out? Or even if would it be considered as working in the UK? This is a very interesting point, living in the UK but working remotely for a third country and getting paid and taxed in that third country. Will be interested to know what the rules say, although probably more suited for a tax forum. But in this case as you consider what visa you apply for based on these circumstances, it is valid for an immigration forum as well I guess.

THO.