ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching of visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

timmac
Newly Registered

Switching of visa

Post by timmac » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:53 am

Sorry , No answer from the "Family Members" / "General Immigration" section. Hence reposting here.

Hello,

My wife is currently on a work permit and i am on Tier 1 (General). We are both resident in the UK.

Is it possible that she can switch her status from workpermit to a dependent visa? If so, could you help me with the procedure/link to documents?

I did send an email to UKBA and received the below reply,

"As your wife currently holds a Work Permit, she would not be able to switch into the PBS category as your dependant. Only people who are already in the UK as a dependant would be able to switch into this category."

I am not clear of the way ahead. Request your help in the matter.

Sorry if this is a duplicate thread. Tried searching but could not find the required info.

Thanks,

Tim

Markie

Re: Switching of visa

Post by Markie » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:27 pm

Hi, since your wife is on her own WP and not as your dependant then she needs to go back to home country and apply as your dependant under Tier 1. the response to you by the BIA is correct.

timmac wrote:Sorry , No answer from the "Family Members" / "General Immigration" section. Hence reposting here.

Hello,

My wife is currently on a work permit and i am on Tier 1 (General). We are both resident in the UK.

Is it possible that she can switch her status from workpermit to a dependent visa? If so, could you help me with the procedure/link to documents?

I did send an email to UKBA and received the below reply,

"As your wife currently holds a Work Permit, she would not be able to switch into the PBS category as your dependant. Only people who are already in the UK as a dependant would be able to switch into this category."

I am not clear of the way ahead. Request your help in the matter.

Sorry if this is a duplicate thread. Tried searching but could not find the required info.

Thanks,

Tim

timmac
Newly Registered

Post by timmac » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:18 pm

Thanks for the clarification Markie