ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsoring a visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Sponsoring a visitor visa

Post by VirtualWaver » Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:48 pm

Hi All,

Hope you are doing well.

I was looking in forum but couldn't find all the info I need (apologize if this is mentioned somewhere else and I didn't notice).

My wife wants to invite her mum to visit us for 2 weeks and she wants to show Home Office that her mum will stay in our house and that my wife will cover all her expenses.

My questions are:

1. Does my wife need to show her bank statements to Home Office? If yes, for how many months and can it be her savings account or current account with her salary and extra balance?
2. Does my wife need to show she has an employment in the UK (a letter from employer)?
3. Does my wife need to complete a specific sponsor form or just write a generic support letter addressed to Home Office so that her mum will include that letter in her application?
4. Her mum is working but doesn't have a bank account (most people receive cash in hand in their country). Will this affect the decision-making process taking into account that my wife is going to sponsor her anyway?
5. Does my wife need to show a copy of her ILR?
6. Are there any more / extra documents my wife needs to produce to support her mum's application? (obviously, her mum will submit all applicant-specific documents, its just not clear what my wife needs to produce to support her visa application)
7. As my wife and I live together, do I also need to produce any paperwork (for example, that I don't mind if her mum will leave in our place)?

Thanks a lot!