ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bringing New Wife as My Dependant Partner to UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thmansvn
Newly Registered
Belarus

Bringing New Wife as My Dependant Partner to UK

Post by thmansvn » Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:58 pm

Hello everyone,

I've spent 4+ years in the UK on ICT visa and switched to Skilled Worker Visa recently. Now my long distance relationship partner and I have decided to get married and I want her to come to live with me in the UK.

Will the marriage certificate be enough to confirm relationship? I am afraid that home office may find recent marriage certificate suspicious. Just want to be fully prepared for the application and don't get refusal for lack of evidence. What kind of proof can I add to support the application?

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: Bringing New Wife as My Dependant Partner to UK

Post by ywlgy » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:44 pm

Certificate is enough. Recent or not does not matter.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

thmansvn
Newly Registered
Belarus

Post by thmansvn » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:26 pm

ywlgy wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:44 pm
Certificate is enough. Recent or not does not matter.
Thank you for your reply.

Tyytjy
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by Tyytjy » Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:53 pm

Hi,

May I know has your wife gotten her dependent visa granted? I’m on the same boat, got married the day before application. Now I’m so worried they might suggest it’s not a genuine relationship.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:47 am

Tyytjy wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:53 pm
Hi,

May I know has your wife gotten her dependent visa granted? I’m on the same boat, got married the day before application. Do not be unnecessarily worried, this is not a ground for application refusal. Now I’m so worried they might suggest it’s not a genuine relationship. T

Tyytjy
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by Tyytjy » Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:44 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:47 am
Tyytjy wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:53 pm
Hi,

May I know has your wife gotten her dependent visa granted? I’m on the same boat, got married the day before application. Do not be unnecessarily worried, this is not a ground for application refusal. Now I’m so worried they might suggest it’s not a genuine relationship. T
Thank you for your good words. Hopefully they will request additional documents from me, so I can send them those photographs and chat logs. Finger crossed.