ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home office have lost my Passports

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

greenMark
Newly Registered

Home office have lost my Passports

Post by greenMark » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:39 pm

Hi All

I applied on PSW on 20th August and enquired about my passport on today.
firsty they said passport has been dispatced on 4th November to a totally different address.

Then they transfered my call to a another department and they said my passport has been dispatched on 18th September with the approved visa. But the thing is they can not find any Royal mail recorded delivery no against it. They said that they are chasing my passport. I lost my Msc certificate, bank statements, Marriage certificate etc.

Hammad.Y
Newly Registered

Post by Hammad.Y » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:18 am

go ahead n sue them, dats ur only chance.

Sherrie
Newly Registered

Hi Greenmark

Post by Sherrie » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:35 pm

Hi I am in the same position as you. I applied for My PSW visa on the 2nd October. I contacted Home Office on 4th November. They advised that a package was sent to me on the 9th October to an address i lived at 6 years ago.

The problem is Royal mail states they have no record of the mail. I have not been provided with any advise as to what to do. I am so confused.

I dont know who to speak to in order to get an update. Have you had any further luck from Home Office

yore23
Newly Registered

Hi lost passports

Post by yore23 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:12 am

Sherrie wrote:Hi I am in the same position as you. I applied for My PSW visa on the 2nd October. I contacted Home Office on 4th November. They advised that a package was sent to me on the 9th October to an address i lived at 6 years ago.

The problem is Royal mail states they have no record of the mail. I have not been provided with any advise as to what to do. I am so confused.

I dont know who to speak to in order to get an update. Have you had any further luck from Home Office

I would suggest u to take help of ur local area MP and let him look into this matter, also request him/her to communicate to home office on ur behalf. I am sure home office will reply quickly. it happened to me as well and my MP helped me n this matter. all the best.

greenMark
Newly Registered

Re: Hi Greenmark

Post by greenMark » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:02 am

Hi I got my Passports after neumerous phone calls. Although they said it has been delivered it wasn't. it was with them but misplaced. They sent the passport with wrong endorsment(They are really really irressponsible) and I sent it back to the home office. They sent the passport about two three days ago.