ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

28 days calculation for ILR Tier 2 dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dev-ag
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

28 days calculation for ILR Tier 2 dependent

Post by dev-ag » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:28 pm

Hi all,

Firstly, thank you to all the active moderators. A lot of the information shared on immigration boards has been extremely useful. I want to ask the same question which has been asked and responded to multiple times; reason being I am not able to nail down an answer partly because I haven’t been to identify many success stories.

Question: Which date to use when calculating 28 days to apply for Tier 2 (skilled) dependent visa.

Date of initial BRP issue/valid from date (outside of U.K.): 24 May 2017
Date of vignette: 07 June 2017 to 06 June 2017
Date of entry in U.K.: 25 June 2017

Thank you in advance.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: 28 days calculation for ILR Tier 2 dependent

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:29 pm

dev-ag wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:28 pm
Hi all,

Firstly, thank you to all the active moderators. A lot of the information shared on immigration boards has been extremely useful. I want to ask the same question which has been asked and responded to multiple times; reason being I am not able to nail down an answer partly because I haven’t been to identify many success stories.

Question: Which date to use when calculating 28 days to apply for Tier 2 (skilled) dependent visa.

Date of initial BRP issue/valid from date (outside of U.K.): 24 May 2017
Date of vignette: 07 June 2017 to 06 June 2017
Date of entry in U.K.: 25 June 2017

Thank you in advance.

dev-ag
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by dev-ag » Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:21 am

Thanks AmazonianX!

dev-ag
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by dev-ag » Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:30 am

Given that this question keeps popping up every other day, I am wondering if there’s been much confirmations regarding the ‘date to be used for 28 days calculation’ post successful applications?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:41 pm

dev-ag wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:30 am
Given that this question keeps popping up every other day, I am wondering if there’s been much confirmations regarding the ‘date to be used for 28 days calculation’ post successful applications?
Check and you will see enough successful outcomes. The 28 days allowance is not a rule but a concession from HO to applicants

dev-ag
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by dev-ag » Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:03 am

Thanks. Yup found some.
HO has published a new version of the guidance dated November 2021 with slightly better wording and explanation:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... idence.pdf

What would really help people is some examples but oh well!! The below section clarifies the 28 days calculation confusion (page 24 of 31):

When absences will count towards the 180 day-limit
Any period spent outside of the UK will count towards the 180 days absence. This includes any period:

• when their permission remained valid
• while an entry clearance application is under consideration
• before they entered the UK, once entry clearance had been granted

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:15 am

This has been common knowledge for a long time. That is because the qualifying period is from the first visa issue date and so the gap between the visa issue date and the first entry should be also considered, for the purpose of absence calculation
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

dev-ag
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by dev-ag » Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:26 am

Agree! Although it is good to have clear wordings in the HO guidance to avoid reliance on common knowledge factor which adds to anxiety. :)