ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Citizenship Application - Tax Clearance Cert NI

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mitzy2022
Newly Registered
Ireland

Irish Citizenship Application - Tax Clearance Cert NI

Post by mitzy2022 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:16 pm

Hi,

I'm applying for Irish citizenship based on 3 yeas living in Northern Ireland with Irish spouse,

I'm trying to get a Tax Clearance cert from HMRC but every person i have spoken to when i called doesn't know nothing about this cert,

So do i just send in application without this cert and a detailed letter explaining it's not available to people living in Northern Ireland?

Anybody here living in the North come accross this and what did you do?

Thank you

meself2
Ireland

Re: Irish Citizenship Application - Tax Clearance Cert NI

Post by meself2 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:34 pm

Take a look at this thread - post2049369.html#p2049369
lilberto wrote:Confirmation of Tax Compliance. HMRC does not issue a certificate or
document to state tax compliance. As a salaried employee of the NHS
under a PAYE system, will submission of my P60s be sufficient proof? If
not, can you advise?
ACCEPTABLE - AS YOU ARE RESIDENT NI
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

mitzy2022
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by mitzy2022 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:04 pm

meself2 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:34 pm
lilberto wrote:Confirmation of Tax Compliance. HMRC does not issue a certificate or
not, can you advise?
Thanks for your reply, unfortunately i am unable to get a P60 also as i am a stay at home mum and don't work

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:08 pm

mitzy2022 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:04 pm
meself2 wrote:
not, can you advise?
Thanks for your reply, unfortunately i am unable to get a P60 also as i am a stay at home mum and don't work
Someone in the thread called HRMC and got a letter confirming their tax affairs are in order, maybe try that route?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

mitzy2022
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by mitzy2022 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:04 pm

meself2 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:08 pm
mitzy2022 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:04 pm
meself2 wrote:
not, can you advise?
Someone in the thread called HRMC and got a letter confirming their tax affairs are in order, maybe try that route?
They must of got very lucky because i have phoned them 3 times and spoken to 3 different people and they could not help me because they said HMRC does not give these certs out.

Thanks anyway for replying

nisi
Ireland

Post by nisi » Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:19 pm

mitzy2022 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:04 pm
meself2 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:08 pm
They must of got very lucky because i have phoned them 3 times and spoken to 3 different people and they could not help me because they said HMRC does not give these certs out.

Thanks anyway for replying
Yep, HMRC confirmed to me that they don't give out Tax Clearance Certificates (and the people I spoke to hadn't even heard of them), but the guidance at the start of Form 8 states:
For applicants who reside outside the State, a TCC is required or where this service may not be available by the relevant Revenue authorities then confirmation of tax compliance in the relevant jurisdiction from the Revenue authority is required.
So, I phoned HMRC, went through to the relevant PAYE department, and asked for a letter confirming my tax compliance, and they were happy to issue me with the following letter which I submitted with my application. I guess as someone who isn't in employment you may find it harder to get them to issue one as they'll have less records of your tax.