ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Legacy case

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

maivale
Newly Registered

Legacy case

Post by maivale » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:51 pm

it has been confirmed by the home office that my case is a legacy case and although my MP has written letters (twice) all he's been told is my case is still being reviewed. I have heard several cases of people whose MP's hav pushed for a decision. My MP has kind of told me that he has nothing else he can argue. is there anyone who can help me with a letter from their MP to the Home Office which has helped them to give the Home office that gentle nudge after such a response?

maivale
Newly Registered

legacy case

Post by maivale » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:16 pm

anyone?

Paulsmith

Post by Paulsmith » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:03 pm

Have you ever received a letter from the Home Office asking for four photographs?

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:18 pm

Thats confirmation does not mean you will soon get ILR unless you get on the back of HO and speed up your case by writting letters to them.

Technically speaking, whosever case has not yet be decided is LEGACY CASE but you have to make it ACTIVE....

maivale
Newly Registered

Post by maivale » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:19 pm

paul -i have never received a request for four letters and and hamid i believe the case is active and i have a case worker. My query is what wording should my MP put in the letters because the person who wrote says i have a case worker working on it and because of the work load it will take longer. well i have been waiting for four years now

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:33 pm

Just tell you MP that you have been in UK for xx years and feel that you are part of this community. Show your ties to this country....

Best of luck.

maivale
Newly Registered

Post by maivale » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:25 am

thanks hamid will try

Miss Lovely
Newly Registered

Post by Miss Lovely » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:14 pm

When the HO told you that your case was a legacy case didn't they sent a questionaire? l received that letter last year stating that they were going to deal with my case by 2011. It came along with a questinaire asking me to send my photos and my children's. Was granted permanent residence 3 months later.

So if it's a legacy case chances are high they will grant you.

maivale
Newly Registered

legacy case

Post by maivale » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:46 pm

unfortunately i did not get a questionnaire and they did not ask for pictures either, what role did your MP play ? mine says he will write any letter he wants me to, it's the wording he is having problems with.