ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding IDV app

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sakib2000
United Kingdom

Regarding IDV app

Post by sakib2000 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:59 am

I submitted my wife application today i am a bit confused to link my account with UKVCAS.Can you please help me to clarify

1.do i need to wait 7 days after submitting my application for registering for IDV
2.should i link my account and wait for IDV email from UKVI
Please let me know
Md

fardeens

Re: Regarding IDV app

Post by fardeens » Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:23 am

I think you can only use IDV app if you are invited to do so. I had received an initial holding email saying they would confirm if I can use the app or have to book an in-person appointment. During that period I would neither be able to book an appointment nor use the app. Then a week or so later received an email saying I have been authorised to use IDV app and can upload my documents and undertake verification using the app.

P.S. I had created an account on UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services (UKCAS) website and uploaded the documents. Those documents appeared in my App once I logged in using the same credentials.

Hope this helps.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:24 am

sakib2000 wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:59 am
I submitted my wife application today i am a bit confused to link my account with UKVCAS.Can you please help me to clarify

1.do i need to wait 7 days after submitting my application for registering for IDV
2.should i link my account and wait for IDV email from UKVI
Please let me know
You should create your UKVCAS in any case. Right after you pay the application fee, you will be sent an email with subject "Welcome to UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services", which contains a link to register with UKVCAS if you have never registered. You can register straight away.

After you register, you cannot book biometrics or use the app immediately. You'll receive an email explaining this, with subject: "Important information about your application to UKVI" (see this post). As the email says, you need to wait for their email confirmation of which one you need to use (biometrics appointment or app). This takes about a week.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

bluedove

Post by bluedove » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:50 pm

I applied for my wife ILR visa two weeks ago. Today I have received email from UKVCAS with IDV app link to download app and upload my documents.
I find it extremely difficult to use app as I have number of pages of documents in each folder on my windows PC. Now I am not very techie to use IDV app as it asks you to upload documents from app.

Please can someone advise as how do I upload documents via app or can I upload them via UKVCAS account already setup and the do final photo from IDV ? Why they made it so complicated when its so much easier to upload documents from UKVCAS website ?

Ren33R
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Ren33R » Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:40 pm

You can upload the docs on UKVCAS website, they will show up in the app. You can then take your photo and submit everything via the app. That’s how I did mine.

bluedove

Post by bluedove » Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:12 pm

Hi

How long do I have to upload my documents. Due to family emergency I am out of country and on my UKVAS application it says i have time until 25 september to upload documents.
Attend an appointment to provide your documents and biometrics by 25 September 2022
Do I need to submit asap or wait for few more days ?
Please can someone advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:21 pm

bluedove wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:12 pm
Hi

How long do I have to upload my documents. Due to family emergency I am out of country and on my UKVAS application it says i have time until 25 september to upload documents.
Attend an appointment to provide your documents and biometrics by 25 September 2022
Do I need to submit asap or wait for few more days ?
Please can someone advise.
Can you please post in the ILR sub forum in your own new topic instead of tagging onto someone else's topic in the British Citizenship sub forum!!

indefinite-leave-to-remain/

Also, if you have a pending ILR application with UKVI, you should NOT travel out of the UK as your application could be considered withdrawn. As her visa expired or expires in August 2022, she will be unable to return to the UK without a valid visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.