ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1(Gen) from India - Qualification from VTU (belgaum)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jos1984
Newly Registered

Tier1(Gen) from India - Qualification from VTU (belgaum)

Post by Jos1984 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:34 am

Hi All,

I am planning to apply for Tier1 from bangalore and have the following confustion.

I have done my graduation from VTU (Belgaum) in the year 2005. All my degree marks cards and convocation certificate show the University's name as - Visveswaraiah Technological University, Belgaum'.

The UK (Tier1) points calculator has the Universities listed which do not need NARIC certification nor any letter from University proving the English language requirement. AM I RIGHT??. Please clarify.

The name of VTU has been changed from "VISVESWARAIAH TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY, BELGAUM" TO "VISVESVARAYA TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY, JNANA SANGAMA, BELGAUM"

The name "VISVESVARAYA TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY, JNANA SANGAMA, BELGAUM" appears in the list of universities in the points calculator.

Please let me know if I need to submit any of the following to avoid confusion/risks-

1. If I have to get letter from VTU stating its just a name change and both are same.
2. If I have to get a letter from VTU saying medium of instruction was in English
3. If I have to get NARIC letter authorised.

anybody in the same situation can also enter their comments here.

Thanks.

guest06
Newly Registered

Post by guest06 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:45 pm

Hi,

I am having the same VTU certificates with old university name. Can some one please help on this.

Regards,

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Tier1(Gen) from India - Qualification from VTU (belgaum)

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:53 pm

Jos1984 wrote:Hi All,

I am planning to apply for Tier1 from bangalore and have the following confustion.

I have done my graduation from VTU (Belgaum) in the year 2005. All my degree marks cards and convocation certificate show the University's name as - Visveswaraiah Technological University, Belgaum'.

The UK (Tier1) points calculator has the Universities listed which do not need NARIC certification nor any letter from University proving the English language requirement. AM I RIGHT??. Please clarify.

The name of VTU has been changed from "VISVESWARAIAH TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY, BELGAUM" TO "VISVESVARAYA TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY, JNANA SANGAMA, BELGAUM"

The name "VISVESVARAYA TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY, JNANA SANGAMA, BELGAUM" appears in the list of universities in the points calculator.

Please let me know if I need to submit any of the following to avoid confusion/risks-

1. If I have to get letter from VTU stating its just a name change and both are same.
2. If I have to get a letter from VTU saying medium of instruction was in English
3. If I have to get NARIC letter authorised.

anybody in the same situation can also enter their comments here.

Thanks.
I think this should be fine. This is same as "Bombay" University renamed as "Mumbai" university. If you mention the same in your cover letter this should be fine. You can get letter from university if you want, but I think HO would have recognised this university anyway. To be on safer side, you can either get letter from University or get a NARIC.

guest06
Newly Registered

Post by guest06 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:45 pm

Hi Chetanojha, thanks for your reply. I am still in doubt if I need a letter from university or a NARIC letter of comparability.

Can anyone from Bombay or VTU university or with similar situaltion applied without these letters and share their experience please.

Regards,

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:00 pm

guest06 wrote:Hi Chetanojha, thanks for your reply. I am still in doubt if I need a letter from university or a NARIC letter of comparability.

Can anyone from Bombay or VTU university or with similar situaltion applied without these letters and share their experience please.

Regards,
Yes a close friend of mine(Bombay university) applied and received Tier 1 few days back. The only difference in his case was, both his uninversities i.e. Mumbai and Bombay were listed in PBS calculator.
If same is not the case for you, I would rather not take risk and get a NARIC certificate.

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:04 pm

Hi,

Lot of my friends from VTU have got their extensions done recently. If you know someone in Beigaum/Bangalore, you can ask them to visit VTU office and they will give a letter confirming the change in university name. Most of my friends had done the same.

One of my friend had just mentioed it in the cover letter and still got the visa approved. But I think its best not to give any chances to the case worker. If you have time, do get the letter from VTU.

Cheers
Vikram

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:49 pm

hsmp_1476 wrote:Hi,

Lot of my friends from VTU have got their extensions done recently. If you know someone in Beigaum/Bangalore, you can ask them to visit VTU office and they will give a letter confirming the change in university name. Most of my friends had done the same.

One of my friend had just mentioed it in the cover letter and still got the visa approved. But I think its best not to give any chances to the case worker. If you have time, do get the letter from VTU.

Cheers
Vikram
Agree. If you have time in hand, better provide all supporting evidence then leaving it by chance.