ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PIP and ILR for spouse

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Zee732

PIP and ILR for spouse

Post by Zee732 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:37 pm

Hi
After covid I started recovering personal independent payment, however my wage is still above £18600, so do I then apply based on my wage for my wife's ILR?
Thank you

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: PIP and ILR for spouse

Post by zimba » Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:27 pm

Yes. If you have been employed for more than 6 months and your salary is above the threshold, then apply under category A.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... rement.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Zee732

Post by Zee732 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:35 am

Many thanks for your reply

But there is a section that asks if you or your partner receiving any benefit, so am I within my rights not to disclose it? and if I am applying on the bases of my wage, my wife then does not need to disclose her job?
Thank you

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:29 pm

A settled person or a British citizen can claim benefits. If you are claiming benefits you should declare them in her application.
If one salary covers the requirements, there is no need to declare a second salary
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Zee732

Post by Zee732 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:14 pm

Thank you so much for your clarification.
Last question, please

I thought she must apply within the last 28 days of expiring of her visa, however, now I have read that it should be 28 days after five years of completion.

She has been here for five years 3 months, but her visa expires in a month.

So is it ok or she will be penalised?

Please help

Thank you

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:27 am

Zee732 wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:14 pm
Last question, please

I thought she must apply within the last 28 days of expiring of her visa, however, now I have read that it should be 28 days after five years of completion.

Please help

Thank you
You read wrong, it is actually 28days BEFORE completing 4 years. She is eligible to apply and should do so before her current leave expires.
No penalty.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:12 am

Zee732 wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:14 pm
Last question, please

Please help

Thank you
None of those. There is NO such rule that you must apply on a specific date. You apply when you are eligible for ILR. The earliest date of eligibility is within 28 days of completing the qualifying period for ILR which is 60 months under the family visa route.