ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Renewal with Tier1 Visa Stamped

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jagankumar
India

Passport Renewal with Tier1 Visa Stamped

Post by jagankumar » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:51 pm

Hi Guys,
Last week got my Tier1 Visa stamped at Chennai BHC for 3 years post dated visa effective from 18th Jan 2009 to 18th Jan 2012.
Am Indian passport holder. Planning to enter UK only after April 2009. My passport expires 15th Dec 2009. Am planning to renew my passport on 22nd Dec 2008. Will my visa valid on my new passport after renewal? Do I need to do any process to retain my visa on new passport? Can someone guide me is there any issues on renewing my passport with Tier1 visa(Not yet travelled to UK) . Thanks in advance

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:59 pm

No need to transfer visa to new passport. Carry passport with valid visa along with the new passport whenever / wherever you travel (suggestion - staple the passports together).

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

jagankumar
India

Post by jagankumar » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:24 am

Thanks for ur kind information.

harryy

Post by harryy » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:41 am

Hi Jagan,

Please guide how you have got post dated visa?
Where you had specified in the application for post dated visa? And do we need to specify any reason for the same?

Regards,
Harry

SONU76
Newly Registered

Post by SONU76 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:00 pm

sushdmehta wrote:No need to transfer visa to new passport. Carry passport with valid visa along with the new passport whenever / wherever you travel (suggestion - staple the passports together).

regards
Hi Jagan, what Sushdmehta has written is correct.

Also, guide how you have got post dated visa?
Where you had specified in the application for post dated visa? And what reason did you specified for the same?
THIS WILL HELP ALL OF US HENCE DO SHARE

SONU

ganeshptrk

Post by ganeshptrk » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:32 pm

Hi
If you want the visa to be post dated, you have to specify in part7 (i think this is the section name)Additional Information. I also asked for post dated visa, I got this. No questions asked. Just ensure that your travel date mentioned on the application form coincides with the visa start date and it is within 3 months from the date of application.

sureshep

Post by sureshep » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:17 pm

NO....it is not.

I did mentioned my travel date as 05th March 2009. They simply ignored it and given the start date from 18th Dec 2008 itselfs.

You were saying
Just ensure that your travel date mentioned on the application form coincides with the visa start date

Mine doesn;'t coincides.....with travel date...

How can I proceed ?
PS : I didn;t entered anything in Additional Information.

Regards,
Suresh

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:01 pm

sureshep wrote:NO....it is not.

I did mentioned my travel date as 05th March 2009. They simply ignored it and given the start date from 18th Dec 2008 itselfs.

You were saying
Just ensure that your travel date mentioned on the application form coincides with the visa start date

Mine doesn;'t coincides.....with travel date...

How can I proceed ?
PS : I didn;t entered anything in Additional Information.

Regards,
Suresh
Your travel date is the important entry here. You can send them the passport back with a request to change the date.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

ganeshptrk

Post by ganeshptrk » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:01 pm

The guidance says you have to make the application a maximum of 3 months before. Your preferred traveled date is 05 March 2009, which means you are supposed to apply on or after 05 March 2009. As you made the application more than 3 months before, they ignored this. This is my understanding.

But you might send your passport back to BHC for a correction in the date

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:28 pm

ganeshptrk wrote:The guidance says you have to make the application a maximum of 3 months before.
Can you please cite source of the statement to above?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer