ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query around English proof

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

reachkk
Newly Registered

Query around English proof

Post by reachkk » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:41 pm

Hello, my wife is in UK since January 2012 on my Tier 2 ICT PBS dependent and then on her own Tier 2 ICT VISA. As she has completed her 10 years we are applying for her ILR.

My Question as she was on her Tier 2 ICT VISA sponsored by her company which essentially meant she has English language knowledge, does she again for her ILR application need to get her overseas qualification comparability done with ECCTIS - formerly NARIC?

My 2nd Q is our 5 year VISA expires on 29th April, do we strictly have to submit our application before 29th Apr or any delay beyond that acceptable by UKBA as we getting delayed collating the right documents and completing the application.

Appreciate your help.

reachkk
Newly Registered

Re: Query around English proof

Post by reachkk » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:49 pm

Just to add to my above Q, do you need the NARIC verification if you are going through ILR through the 10 year route?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:02 pm

She needs to meet the English requirment, either the b1 test or have her foreign degree assessed. English is required for all ilr routes except refugee route

Applications must be made before the visa expiry date. There is no concession if you delay. Once the visa expires and you have not applied, you become overstayers.

Long residence ilr has very minimal documents so not sure what it is you are having issues collating.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:45 pm

If she has provided English evidence for her previous ICT application, she does not need to provide again.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.