ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled Worker Visa application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rexhyd
Newly Registered

Skilled Worker Visa application

Post by rexhyd » Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:28 am

Hello all,
We are applying for Skilled worker visa for extension of soon expiring T2 General Visa and got a few questions:
1)The current permit expires on June 9th but the employer has already given the CoS starting from June 10th. We are planning to apply as early as possible as there seems to be delays in processing due to Ukraine situation. Hope this is fine.
2) For Dependents, is "PBS, Start-up, Innovator or Global Talent dependant child" and "PBS, Start-up, Innovator or Global Talent dependant partner" are the correct options? We are planning to apply all the 3 at the same time.
3) For Dependent child application, there is a section "Travel History (UK)" with questions
-Have you been to the UK in the past 10 years?
-How many times have you been to the UK in the past 10 years?
The child is already in the UK for the last six years. Any guidance on how to answer these questions please?

Best Regards,
rh

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: Skilled Worker Visa application

Post by ywlgy » Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:46 pm

1. It's fine. You can apply up to 3 months before work start date on CoS.
2. Correct. Make sure you use the "within the UK" links from this page https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... d-children
3. Answer as it is. If the child came to the UK and never left, then answer 1 time.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

rexhyd
Newly Registered

Post by rexhyd » Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:29 pm

ywlgy wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:46 pm
1. It's fine. You can apply up to 3 months before work start date on CoS.
2. Correct. Make sure you use the "within the UK" links from this page https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... d-children
3. Answer as it is. If the child came to the UK and never left, then answer 1 time.
Thanks ywlgy for the response. I have now submitted the applications. The child has travelled once since came to UK so the number of visits is updated as 2.
I have another question regarding the letter for maintenance. Employer has marked the maintenance for the applicant and dependants as Y (YES) in the CoS but is there a need for the maintenance letter? I remember getting this document when applied few years ago but I don't see it in the list of mandatory documents or other documents.
Also, I need to submit Bank statement for my child due to above 16 years age. Is the PDF statement from the account will work or if these to be requested from the bank?

BR,
rH

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:21 pm

Rules have changed. If the applicant has been in the UK for more than 12 months, maintenance evidence is not required.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

rexhyd
Newly Registered

Post by rexhyd » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:13 pm

ywlgy wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:21 pm
Rules have changed. If the applicant has been in the UK for more than 12 months, maintenance evidence is not required.
Thanks ywgly..
Few more questions to clarify please:
1) Bank Statement for the child who is above 16 years of age: do we need to get the statements from branch with some letter from the bank or the online statements will do?
2) Passport Scans to upload: Are the first and last pages(identity and Nationality) sufficient or the full 60 pages scan is required?

Thanks in advance for all the guidance :D :D

Regards,
rh

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:12 pm

Online statement is ok.
Scan all non-blank pages