ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit for UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

joy14
Newly Registered

Work Permit for UK

Post by joy14 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:17 am

Hi All, I got an offer from UK based company and my UK based company had already applied for my Work Permit in the month of October 2008. I have two question:

1) How long it take to get the WP
2) After i receive my WP, what is the process for applying for visa? i mean which category?

Plz suggest. Thanks.

Joya

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Work Permit for UK

Post by Wanderer » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:20 am

joy14 wrote:Hi All, I got an offer from UK based company and my UK based company had already applied for my Work Permit in the month of October 2008. I have two question:

1) How long it take to get the WP
2) After i receive my WP, what is the process for applying for visa? i mean which category?

Plz suggest. Thanks.

Joya
Is the job on the skills shortage list?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

joy14
Newly Registered

Post by joy14 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:25 am

Hi Wanderer, thanks for ur concern. No my job is not fall under the skill shortage category. I got an offer from big 4 consultancy firm.

Plz advice.

Joya

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:08 am

joy14 wrote:Hi Wanderer, thanks for ur concern. No my job is not fall under the skill shortage category. I got an offer from big 4 consultancy firm.

Plz advice.

Joya
Did they fulfil the advertising requirement - ie advertise the job in UK and EU and found a valid reason to reject any local candidates?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

joy14
Newly Registered

Post by joy14 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:13 am

Yes

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:44 pm

Hi there...

Guy's correct me if something changed/ not correct ...

Once your company offer you with a job, they need to advertize the same position in one of the media (newspaper/ jobsites etc..) to check if there are any UK or EU candidates eligable for that post... and that advert shd stay for 3-4weeks before they can go and apply at home office for your work permit..

once they apply at the HO, it takes 7-14days for your WP to get approved..

once they get the WP, they will send that letter to you Original and than you need to apply for the Entry clearance at the UK embassy in your country..

and this process may take around 15working days to get the VISA approved.. it can also take less or more days thats ur luck..

Good luck mate

joy14
Newly Registered

Post by joy14 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:41 pm

Thanks Ramesh, for your detailed reply. I hope things will be sorted out soon, I will update here once i receive my WP.

Regards,
Joya

aj2008
Newly Registered

Post by aj2008 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:17 pm

Hi,

You need to register with the Worker Registration Scheme as soon as you start your new job. If you do not apply within one month after you have started work here it will be unlawful.

You need to apply to the UK Boarder Agency download a WRS application form. There are nine different versions of the form you can download which gives guidance notes in your own language.

If interested in finding out further details I have written a book to help new immigrants to the UK. It is a European Ebook full of interesting detail such as above.

AJ2008

:D

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:40 pm

aj2008 wrote:Hi,

You need to register with the Worker Registration Scheme as soon as you start your new job. If you do not apply within one month after you have started work here it will be unlawful.

You need to apply to the UK Boarder Agency download a WRS application form. There are nine different versions of the form you can download which gives guidance notes in your own language.

If interested in finding out further details I have written a book to help new immigrants to the UK. It is a European Ebook full of interesting detail such as above.

AJ2008

polishimmigrationengland.co.uk

:D
The advice above is wrong and does not apply to the WP system.

With all due respect AJ2008 your posts are frivolous, inaccurate, misleading and in the main designed to promote some form of e-commerce.

If you are going to continue to post you might want to consider a few points:
Can I suggest that you actually address the question that is being posted?
Give comment that is relevant to the post and not some abstract tangent that you think the post is about.
Understand that EEA law in relation to working and workers does not cross over to non EEA workers in a like for like manner.

As a total side issue given your lack of general understanding of UK immigration I hope your e-book is better researched than the posts you have placed on the forum.

aj2008
Newly Registered

Post by aj2008 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:48 pm

Frontier Mole
You are correct my comments were regarding the Workers Registration Scheme not Work Permit. My mistake.

aj2008 :D