ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Extension Without passport

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aminmdh1010
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Spouse Visa Extension Without passport

Post by aminmdh1010 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:07 pm

Good Afternoon All.

I need a bit of advice from you all.

My wife is currently on Spouse Visa - 5 years route (FLR(M)).

Her current visa is running out on the 25th of April. Since her passport was getting outdated, we had to send her passport to be renewed back in the middle of February'22. We have contacted the Bangladesh High Commission in London regarding this but they are saying that this passport renewal application is still in the process as they had to send the passport physically to Bangladesh and they have not received the passport back yet.

My understanding is - still, we might be able to apply for her visa extension without her passport but need to explain the situation in an accompanying letter, is that the right expectation? If so, do we need any other supporting documents in this regard?

If the above expectation is not right, what other options available in this regard?

Any signposting will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Amin

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa Extension Without passport

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:20 am

aminmdh1010 wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:07 pm
Good Afternoon All.

I need a bit of advice from you all.

My wife is currently on Spouse Visa - 5 years route (FLR(M)).

Her current visa is running out on the 25th of April. Since her passport was getting outdated, we had to send her passport to be renewed back in the middle of February'22. We have contacted the Bangladesh High Commission in London regarding this but they are saying that this passport renewal application is still in the process as they had to send the passport physically to Bangladesh and they have not received the passport back yet.

My understanding is - still, we might be able to apply for her visa extension without her passport but need to explain the situation in an accompanying letter, is that the right expectation? If so, do we need any other supporting documents in this regard?

If the above expectation is not right, what other options available in this regard?

Any signposting will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Amin
You can and do so with explanations backed with evidence of the renewal of passport process and the responses you have from the High Commission.