ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HURTS A LOT.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ctl121
Newly Registered

HURTS A LOT.....

Post by ctl121 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:39 pm

more
Last edited by ctl121 on Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

manav kumar
Newly Registered

Post by manav kumar » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:12 pm

hi, i kno this hard, most of eco refuse on overstay case, best thing to do is make an appeal in uk,it might take up to 6 months tho but you have more chance to get visa.
talk to a soliciter.
i hope this helps.

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:46 pm

This sounds very sneaky and silly. And I suspect not uncommon practice now.

I'd request a review from the Entry Clearance Manager (and appeal). The ECO is supposed to set a high standard of proof on any suspicion that there was intent to make false representation. That wouldn't be possible in this case.

Point out politely that these facts were disclosed in the representation by both your husband and yourself. What reason would your husband have for admitting to overstaying in his own evidence while denying it in the application form (which can be very confusing anyway)?

You should also draw attention to the concession as it relates to overstaying. I would argue that the issue of false representation is irrelevant in this context because your husband falls under the concesssion.

Even if it he had completed the form correctly (and its debatable that he didn't), they would still have had to ignore the overstaying element.

If memory serves me right, Round about June or July this year ECOs were instructed to grant entry clearance on any applications that had been refused after 1 April 2008 where the refusal was simply due to overstaying. This might help your case.

I'd suggest you seek legal advice (the Citizens Advice Bureau is free) and fight this all the way. If you've got your facts right I would expect the refusal to be thrown out at appeal.
Oh, the drama...!

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:47 pm

we also provided them the letter that was given to him at heathrow
Does this letter say that he is required to leave the UK?

mteja
United Kingdom

overstayer

Post by mteja » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:29 pm

Sorry to hear what you guys are undergoing. It is one of the painful things to happen to a couple.

I wonder what was wrong with the ECO, coz myself i was an overstayer and went back before 1st october. and i got my VISA. I should admit the process was so hurt breaking living one day at a time not knowing what the results would be. Am not an expert on this but i think maybe you should appeal.

This happened to myself and two other friends of mine that we went home on moreless same time and we are all back.

Good luck and dont give up!
togetherness as one