ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant visa application (child) - Visa fee refund / IHS fee refund

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sandjay
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Dependant visa application (child) - Visa fee refund / IHS fee refund

Post by sandjay » Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:33 pm

Hi Experts,
I applied for for a dependant visa for my 4 year old son (from outside the UK); after attending today's visa / biometrics appointment and uploading all the required documents, we were told that his application cannot go ahead and will not be processed at this time, because it was missing the required TB report, even though the authorized testing clinic told us that the TB report was not required for kids below the age of 11; regardless of the miscommunication that's happened, we now have been told to get the TB certificate done for my son (not the TB X-ray, because he's under 11), submit another application, upload the TB certificate, and get another appointment.

I wanted to know, how do I go about getting a refund of the visa fee and the IHS fee that was already paid, for the application that was not started / processed today? Or can that fee be used towards the new application I have to start? Or is there no way to get a refund for the visa fee or the IHS fee?

Thank you!

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: Dependant visa application (child) - Visa fee refund / IHS fee refund

Post by ywlgy » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:45 pm

The approved clinic should give you a certificate even if they think the test is not necessary.

To cancel this application and get full visa fee and IHS refund,
If you applied outside the UK and used AccessUK, sign in to your account using the link from your sign-up email. Go to ‘Section 6: further actions’ to cancel your application.
You will need to pay again for the new application.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

sandjay
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Dependant visa application (child) - Visa fee refund / IHS fee refund

Post by sandjay » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:25 pm

Thanks a ton for speedy response and help! I have gone ahead and cancelled the application and filed for a refund.