ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Married to British citizenship 3 or 5 years for spouse

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dev-ag
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Married to British citizenship 3 or 5 years for spouse

Post by dev-ag » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:18 am

Hi All,

My partner (main applicant) recently got British Citizenship and Passport via Tier 2 (skilled migrant) route. I am in the process of applying for my ILR. Given all goes well and my ILR is approved (and receive BRP), will I qualify for applying for British citizenship straightaway without having to wait?

Secondly, given my timelines, my initial entry in to the U.K. was slightly later after my initial Tier 2 dependent visa issue date, and there will be quite a bit of time left for me to wait to be in the U.K. exactly 5 years before applying for British citizenship. Do I qualify for 3 years Married to British citizenship route despite our visa category being Tier 2 (skilled migrant)?

Thanks in advance.

vinny

Re: Married to British citizenship 3 or 5 years for spouse

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:01 am

3 years + ILR, etc. But how are you eligible for ILR before 5 years, unless you are within discretion?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

dev-ag
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Married to British citizenship 3 or 5 years for spouse

Post by dev-ag » Mon May 02, 2022 5:04 pm

Hi Vinny, ILR eligibility was / is Tier 2 dependent partner.