ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job promotion 2 months before application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KeeperOfKiwis
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Priority service for ILR

Post by KeeperOfKiwis » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:48 am

Hi,

I am hoping someone could help clear up some confusion. I know that you can apply for ILR 28 days before your visa expires, but does that include going through super priority service?

My husband moved onto the FLR (m) visa on the 10th July 2017, so we are coming up to 5 years this July. Though on his BRP the visa doesn't expire until 29th August 2022 so we have some room to breathe.

My concern is that with applying by post post, you have to potentially wait 6 months before a decision is made, so you definitely would have reached the 5 year mark. However, doing it through priority doesn't mean you've met the 5 year requirement yet.

Should we wait until the 10th July before apply to be sure? Or is it safe to apply for Super Priority on the 12th June?

Thank you to anyone who can help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Priority service for ILR

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:58 am

There is no postal application service. It is all online.

Regardless of which service you choose, you can apply within 28 days before reaching 5 years. UKVI know the rules.

You are overthinking this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

KeeperOfKiwis
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Priority service for ILR

Post by KeeperOfKiwis » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:34 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:58 am
There is no postal application service. It is all online.

Regardless of which service you choose, you can apply within 28 days before reaching 5 years. UKVI know the rules.

You are overthinking this.
That is what my husband said! But I like to be safe than sorry (I've been rejected on other official government applications because of timing). Thanks for your reply here and across the forum, you've been a great resource of information over the years :)

KeeperOfKiwis
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Job promotion 2 months before application

Post by KeeperOfKiwis » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:53 pm

Hi to anyone who can help!

I tried looking it up and can only mostly find answers for Tier 2 visas rather than for those of us going from FLR (M) to ILR.

My husband will be eligible in July to finally apply for ILR, which we will be applying for in June. However, I've had hints from my boss that my job title might change and I might possibly get a pay rise along with it after my review (which should be very soon). I've been with the company for almost 10 years and I have consistently been over the £18,600 threshold since my husband entered the country.

If this happens, will that affect anything with the visa application? As far as I knew, because I am with the same company it should be fine, and if I show 6 months of payslips prior to the change (as well as my new payslips with the change) I don't expect it to be an issue.

Would it be OK if someone could confirm this for me however? If it does affect the visa application I might ask if they can wait until after we've applied as we are so close now.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Job promotion 2 months before application

Post by zimba » Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:28 am

This has no effect on the application
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

KeeperOfKiwis
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Job promotion 2 months before application

Post by KeeperOfKiwis » Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:31 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:28 am
This has no effect on the application
Thank you for the confirmation! :D