ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

waiting for the BRP for more than 6 months

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tatty
Newly Registered

waiting for the BRP for more than 6 months

Post by Tatty » Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:19 pm

Hello

Indefinite Leave to Enter is in the expired passport, so applied for BRP mid October 2021.
My new employer used Employer Checking Service and received Positive Verification Notice on 6th November 2021 which states that the checks are valid till 4th May 2022.
My understanding is that BRP processing time is up to 6 months, however it has been more that now it in my case.

Can somebody please advise if this is an ordinary situation (timeline) and also - who can I contact to check on the progress of my application?

Thanks a lot

manci
Respected Guru

Re: waiting for the BRP for more than 6 months

Post by manci » Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:02 pm

Suggest just to continue waiting for the new BRP but in the meantime your employer should do another right to work check via the ECS so that you can carry on working after 4 May.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: waiting for the BRP for more than 6 months

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:51 pm

Tatty wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:19 pm
Hello

Indefinite Leave to Enter is in the expired passport, so applied for BRP mid October 2021.
My new employer used Employer Checking Service and received Positive Verification Notice on 6th November 2021 which states that the checks are valid till 4th May 2022.
My understanding is that BRP processing time is up to 6 months, however it has been more that now it in my case.

Can somebody please advise if this is an ordinary situation (timeline) and also - who can I contact to check on the progress of my application?

Thanks a lot
There is BRP timeline you can check.