ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supporting Documents delays - What is happening?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

britalian89
United Kingdom

Supporting Documents delays - What is happening?

Post by britalian89 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:21 pm

Hello

On April 9 I received my British passport.

I gave it a couple of weeks to receive my supporting documents but as of today I didn't receive anything.

I called the HMPO and they said that the supporting documents have been sent out on April 12 at 8:19pm and suggested I call TNT.

I did. TNT says they have never received a pick up order and suggested to go back to the HMPO.

HMPO first said that the documents were never sent. Then the lady managed to read through the system and confirmed that documents were sent on April 12 (8:19 am, AM THIS TIME??).

So I called back TNT. TNT said again that they never received a pick up order and they don't have the documents. The agent literally said "the passport office is lying to you because they have backlogs".

I am now very confused on what is going on.

Anyone else experiencing this?

This is utter DISGUST.

Nmbanje99
Newly Registered
England

Re: Supporting Documents delays - What is happening?

Post by Nmbanje99 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:27 pm

HMPO have backlogs - my documents took almost 2 months t be sent back but only after i had called HMPO and they followed it up. Good luck

ausmarton
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Supporting Documents delays - What is happening?

Post by ausmarton » Mon May 02, 2022 3:51 am

I'm in a similar situation, I received my British passport on 8 April.
When I called HMPO on 19 April, they said the documents were posted on 13 April via TNT, and asked me to check with TNT or wait for the end of two weeks in order to escalate.
At the end two weeks, when I called TNT, they said HMPO hasn't posted anything yet, so I called HMPO, who said that the wait time is now 3 weeks. And when I mentioned that TNT never received any of my documents and inquired about the tracking info, they said it was posted on 15 April via Royal Mail.
End of three weeks, when I called HMPO again, they said they may not have posted it yet, and that it could be four weeks now.
I was supposed to travel this time and have already rescheduled my travel bookings three times based on their changing timelines.
There doesn't seem to be any accountability whatsoever and the advisors don't even seem to care about what they say on the phone - I've had a few advisors try to talk about the "status of my application" without having asked me the application reference number or any other details.