ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing jobs

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

waqarkhan3389
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Will they contact employer - Spouse visa

Post by waqarkhan3389 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:27 am

Does Home Office contact employers every time to verify employement?
Ive had to give 1 years worth of payslips and have changed jobs inbetween so will they contact both employers?

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Will they contact employer - Spouse visa

Post by talreh20 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:46 am

I can only speak from personal experience that they haven't contacted my employers. I applied three visas for my wife 1 Tier 2 dependent and 2 FLR(M) and my manager has confirmed that she hasn't received any home office inquiry and my wife got all the visas. Off-course home office will have access to HMRC's employment portal to check if you are employed or not.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Will they contact employer - Spouse visa

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:59 pm

waqarkhan3389 wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:27 am
Does Home Office contact employers every time to verify employement?
Ive had to give 1 years worth of payslips and have changed jobs inbetween so will they contact both employers?
There is no guarantee they will contact employer. If there is no grounds for them to then those that do get contacted occurs on random sampling basis.

waqarkhan3389
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Changing jobs

Post by waqarkhan3389 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:11 pm

My question is simple. My wife did her biometrics in January. Still havent heard anything from the home office. Can i change jobs? This wont have any effect on the decision right? Maybe if they contact my employer they will say i dont work there any more or i am on notice period

sohail111
United Kingdom

Re: Changing jobs

Post by sohail111 » Tue May 03, 2022 9:22 am

waqarkhan3389 wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:11 pm
My question is simple. My wife did her biometrics in January. Still havent heard anything from the home office. Can i change jobs? This wont have any effect on the decision right? Maybe if they contact my employer they will say i dont work there any more or i am on notice period
If they do contact your employer, it will be for the months you provided a wage slip as financial evidence.
It MAY affect you, if god forbids your application gets rejected and you need to RE-apply.

However, then you would provide 12 months of financial evidence (I think) or check the guidance but its not the end of the world in that scenario