ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa fraud/deception

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Preston123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Visa fraud/deception

Post by Preston123 » Mon May 02, 2022 4:10 pm

My father died and his wife is on a visa which expires in November. Whilst sorting out his paperwork I have discovered he has lied on all the previous visa applications since 2013. He has used rental income from 2 properties as proof of income but has never declared this income to hmrc. Together they have ran a small hotel for 7 years and neither of them have declared their earnings so no tax or ni has been paid. His wife has sent large amounts of undeclared cash abroad. His wife now wants to apply for ILR on bereavement grounds, my question is will the previous deception, tax evasion impact on this? I have informed hmrc because obviously my father's estate will owe tax, I have also informed the Home Office as I want no part in fraudulent activity. Will it just be my father that UKVI view as the one committing the deception or will they both be deemed as using deception and will this effect her future visa application? Also for 2 years my father claimed housing benefit and never declared this on the visa application and the visa was granted with no recourse to public funds and he continued to claim this in his sole name for 2 more years. It has come as a great shock and I in no way condone his/their behaviour.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Re: Visa fraud/deception

Post by THO » Tue May 03, 2022 9:41 am

She will almost certainly be for the high jump, which could include jail time for what sounds like serious tax fraud, but at best a pretty hefty fine and demand to repay avoided tax. If I was her, I'd be on the next plane out of the UK.

Preston123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Preston123 » Fri May 06, 2022 5:58 pm

Thanks for your reply. It is tax evasion but I don't think it is serious. I think if they had declared their income with expenses and her unused tax allowance there would not have been much tax to pay. It is just the fact that none of it has been declared. I wondered what impact that would have on any future visa applications.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat May 07, 2022 3:11 am

Preston123 wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 5:58 pm
It is tax evasion but I don't think it is serious.
Al Capone and the FBI may disagree.

Not to mention HMRC.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.