ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial requirement, wedding "location" and paper forms

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ggc
Newly Registered

Financial requirement, wedding "location" and paper forms

Post by ggc » Tue May 03, 2022 10:55 am

Sorry, three separate questions regarding bringing my non-EU fiancée to the UK.

1. Is the financial requirement of £18,600 applied (i.e. a requirement) at each stage of the fiancée-to-spouse visa and subsequent renewals/extension? I.e. assuming she is granted a 6 month fiancée visa, is the £18k earning mark required again after 6 months for the spouse visa, and again for the renewal after 2.5 years?

2. is there any downside of getting married outside of the UK (say US), or does getting married in the UK make the application smoother? Wouldn't it be slightly less costly (visa wise) to get married in the US first, then apply straight for a spouse visa from the US (rather than applying for a fiancée visa, get married in the UK, then apply to transfer to spouse visa)

3. I know the application is all online, but are paper forms still available "for reference" online? So much easier preparing with a paper form! There used to be a paper form for North Korea, not sure if this still exists and if it still is the same as the online application.

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Financial requirement, wedding "location" and paper forms

Post by CR001 » Tue May 03, 2022 11:36 am

1. Yes, you are required to demonstrate the financial requirement is met at every step, initial visa, extensions x 2 and ILR.

2. No difference other than cost saving on a fiance visa which also has a no work or NHS restriction.

3. You need to apply online. The online forms differ to the paper applications anyway.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.