ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Planning citizenship for self/family

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

poper
Diamond Member
India

Planning citizenship for self/family

Post by poper » Tue May 03, 2022 2:41 pm

Hi

I received my ILR in January 2021 and currently eligible to apply for British citizenship.
However, my spouse and child(born in India) hold FLR(M) visa and are eligible for ILR on a 10 year route coming October.
Once my spouse and child obtain their ILR, can all three of us immediately apply for British citizenship (or) do I need to obtain my British citizenship now for my family to avoid the 1 year wait time on ILR?
Checking how best to reduce the admin work w.r.t indian passport surrender.
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Planning citizenship for self/family

Post by CR001 » Tue May 03, 2022 2:49 pm

can all three of us immediately apply for British citizenship
No, not if you are not British at that time.
(or) do I need to obtain my British citizenship now for my family to avoid the 1 year wait time on ILR?
Yes and that means apply, attend biometrics, get approval and attend your ceremony. So the whole process.
Checking how best to reduce the admin work w.r.t indian passport surrender.
Please post these questions in the Other Countries sub forum, link below.

other-countries/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.