ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Official trip before ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

praghavendrapraveen
Newly Registered

Official trip before ILR

Post by praghavendrapraveen » Mon May 09, 2022 6:23 pm

Hello,

My ILR is due in August'22. My employer offered me training in abroad for a month in June. After finishing the training abroad, I would like to take 10-15 days of leave and then return to the UK. Does this period affect my ILR application? I do not have more than 180 days of absence when I include this training plus my personal leave. If this is permitted (as I am treated as working during that training period), do I need to produce any evidence from employer for this period on my ILR application?

Also I travelled outside UK for period of 35 days due to immediate relative bereavement/ family support in ?Feb'22. Can this be a compelling reason to show the absence?

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: Official trip before ILR

Post by ywlgy » Mon May 09, 2022 9:32 pm

Assuming you will apply for ILR based on 5 year work route, these absences are fine as long as your employer will produce a letter for you saying all absences are approved.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.