ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pallel
Newly Registered
India

Naturalisation query

Post by pallel » Tue May 10, 2022 9:05 am

Hi Experts,

I have got ILR on 2019 and recently applied for naturalisation. I have proved my English knowledge using B1 SELT certificate at the time of ILR and used the same certificate now as the guidance says i can re-use the B1 certificate if you’re applying for citizenship and it was accepted when you settled in the UK.

Now, for one of the question on the naturalisation application form "Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?", I have answered this as "No" and I believe the answer should be "Yes" and the last time I proved my knowledge in English was when applied for "ILR".

I have already submitted the application and can't amend the above question. Do you think will this be a concern ? Appreciate your response on this.

Thanks

London22
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation query

Post by London22 » Tue May 10, 2022 11:03 am

pallel wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 9:05 am
Hi Experts,

I have got ILR on 2019 and recently applied for naturalisation. I have proved my English knowledge using B1 SELT certificate at the time of ILR and used the same certificate now as the guidance says i can re-use the B1 certificate if you’re applying for citizenship and it was accepted when you settled in the UK.

Now, for one of the question on the naturalisation application form "Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?", I have answered this as "No" and I believe the answer should be "Yes" and the last time I proved my knowledge in English was when applied for "ILR".

I have already submitted the application and can't amend the above question. Do you think will this be a concern ? Appreciate your response on this.

Thanks
No

pallel
Newly Registered
India

Re: Naturalisation query

Post by pallel » Tue May 10, 2022 2:06 pm

Thanks for your reply.