ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply ROA certificate from abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

peakdis
Newly Registered
China

Apply ROA certificate from abroad

Post by peakdis » Tue May 10, 2022 2:42 pm

Hi,

We've applied to register our kid (MN1) for British citizenship. We are planning to visit China once she will receive her result from the Home office. She has never visited her grandparents since her birth due to covid.

1. Will she meet any difficulties at the border when we come back as she will not have her British passport? Will visiting abroad without having the ROA or British passport affect her citizenship status?

2. Can she apply for the ROA certificate when we are in China?

Thank you.

secret.simon

Re: Apply ROA certificate from abroad

Post by secret.simon » Tue May 10, 2022 3:03 pm

peakdis wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 2:42 pm
Will visiting abroad without having the ROA or British passport affect her citizenship status?
No
peakdis wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 2:42 pm
Can she apply for the ROA certificate when we are in China?
Yes, but factor in that it can take six to sixteen weeks according to the Gov.UK website. You may be in China for a while.

Also factor in that the situation in China re the Covid virus and area-wide lock-downs can impact making the application (if you need to visit the visa centre), its processing (if the staff in China have to work from home) and flying back.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.