ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa Documentation

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bluedove

Visitor Visa Documentation

Post by bluedove » Wed May 11, 2022 3:04 pm

Hi all

Please can someone guide me in the right direction for my sister's visitor visa in summer holidays. She is a teacher in Pakistan and will be getting three months holidays from her school. She wants to visit UK for 2 months however I am struggling to find relevant information here.

My main concern is i live in a 2 bedroom semi detached house which is enough for me and my family (wife and 2 kids) but do I have to book hotel room for my sister visit or can I still apply for her using our house as main place?

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Regards

htc_123
Pakistan

Re: Visitor Visa Documentation

Post by htc_123 » Thu May 12, 2022 12:36 pm

If you are sponsoring her accommodation you may have to show the size of your house (in many cases this is not relevant or required but you can never be sure) or book her a hotel.

If she is going to sponsor her visit and stay she should book the hotel (and have the relevant funds for the booking, travel etc).

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri May 13, 2022 12:09 pm

bluedove wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 3:04 pm
Hi all

Please can someone guide me in the right direction for my sister's visitor visa in summer holidays. She is a teacher in Pakistan and will be getting three months holidays from her school. She wants to visit UK for 2 months however I am struggling to find relevant information here.

My main concern is i live in a 2 bedroom semi detached house which is enough for me and my family (wife and 2 kids) but do I have to book hotel room for my sister visit or can I still apply for her using our house as main place?

Regards
Visiting the UK for 2 months for a 1st time visitor is never ideal. 10 to 14 days is ideal on the invite. It's a bit like a driving test. You follow all the rules to the T to get your license. After that, you kinda just do what you want.
Once the visa is approved, she can spend time she wants here. By law, 6 months at a stretch is allowed. It just doesn't work like that during the application process. You need to show you're going back.

Your 2 bed house should be fine. They don't go into the finer details like that. It's not a settlement visa.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

bluedove

Post by bluedove » Mon May 16, 2022 12:01 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 12:09 pm
bluedove wrote:
Hi all

Regards
Visiting the UK for 2 months for a 1st time visitor is never ideal. 10 to 14 days is ideal on the invite. It's a bit like a driving test. You follow all the rules to the T to get your license. After that, you kinda just do what you want.
Once the visa is approved, she can spend time she wants here. By law, 6 months at a stretch is allowed. It just doesn't work like that during the application process. You need to show you're going back.

Your 2 bed house should be fine. They don't go into the finer details like that. It's not a settlement visa.

Thanks for getting back.

When applying for my sister visa from UK do I have to fill out form on her behalf? I am slightly confused with this online form as it asks you to fill our details (as person applying) but nowhere it mentions details of sponsor i.e myself?

Regards

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Tue May 17, 2022 12:27 pm

bluedove wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 12:01 pm
Ticktack wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 12:09 pm
bluedove wrote:
Hi all

Regards

Thanks for getting back.

When applying for my sister visa from UK do I have to fill out form on her behalf? I am slightly confused with this online form as it asks you to fill our details (as person applying) but nowhere it mentions details of sponsor i.e myself?

Regards
She's supposed to fil the form by herself. If you do decide to help her, you need to fill it as if you're her.
The sponsor is just the sponsor. Write an invitation letter for her. In the letter, make sure that you state that you would be responsible for her accommodation and general upkeep!
Attach your utility bill, bank statement for 6 months, immigration status evidence (BRP or Passport)/right to be here.

However, please note that your documents are just support documents. Your sister as the applicant still needs to prove that she earns in her country and have ties that would compel her to go back. So she needs to have her 6 months statement of account, payslips to backup her salary earnings, maybe a letter from her office saying she's going on holidays.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!