ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Royal Mail has probably lost the ILR BRP returned after ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ResidentEvil

Royal Mail has probably lost the ILR BRP returned after ceremony

Post by ResidentEvil » Thu May 12, 2022 4:00 pm

Hi All
After my wife's citizenship cermony, we duly cut the ILR BRP card in half and sent it via RM 1st class Signed For to the provided address. That was on 6th of May. And even today (4th working day), the tracking is showing as "We will only update once RM has attmepted to deliver the item". I live in west London and the recipient address is BRP returns in Croydon. So geographically pretty close and I am getting more and more certain that RM has lost the valuable document. They are asking me to wait as sometimes it can be delayed. But I am pretty sure their lack of any further information means they have lost it.

My question is who do I contact to inform them that I have returned the BRP but Royal Mail has lost it in transit. There is no contact number or email address and only the BRP returns addres which is 5th floor Lunar House, Croydon. I dont want to get fined £1000 for something thats not my fault. Does anyone have any contact information, email or phone number I can ring to inform them. UKVCAS replied to my enquiry with generic automated reply basically saying this is not their problem.

Thanks.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Royal Mail has probably lost the ILR BRP returned after ceremony

Post by Ticktack » Thu May 12, 2022 4:40 pm

You don't need to worry yourself about RM delivery system. If you've sent it, then you've sent it. Keep the 1st class delivery slip. Most people don't even track it, and they use 2nd class.

Sit back relax and let your Mrs enjoy her new status! :lol:
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!