ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (HRO) or other options - help please!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nika82
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

FLR (HRO) or other options - help please!!

Post by Nika82 » Fri May 13, 2022 10:05 am

Hello
My situation in brief is as follows - and having researched for a while I cannot make a decision and really need some help and advise.
I am a British citizen - moved here from Belarus on a spouse visa in 2006.
My family has been visiting me on numerous occasions via visitors visas. At the moment, due to the situation in Ukraine and the fact that Belarus is a Russian ally with multiple sanctions imposed and also air space closed to Europe for over a year, my mum came over in March to stay - she has currently got a 5 year visitors visa that expires in June next year. She has no other family in Belarus or relatives, she also has some health issues including mobility - where she cannot walk and needs a wheelchair for any trips. I managed to get her across to the UK via Turkey with special assistance, etc as it was the only option at the time and the trip was very hard for her due to her conditions ( she is 68 years old).
I am getting her some private assessment for her back and RA in the UK, however she has to go back in September to comply with visitors' visa requirements. Given the current situation and the fact the HO advise is to avoid visiting Belarus due to risk of military action and terrorism, as well as my fear of conflict involving Belarus ( Belarus has Russian troops and military currently on its territory and the rhetoric of our dictator Lukashenko is very hostile and unstable) - what is my best option to extend my mother's stay - at least for the next 30 months? Is FLR(HRO) my best option? I am fully aware of the current chances of securing such type of visa, but given the war and my mother fragile state - would it not be classed as exceptional circumstances?
P.S. Please note that I have not been back to Belarus since 2020 - when the protests broke and currently fear of doing so for detention and prosecution - as UK is classed as Belarussian enemy right now, and last year my mother had local police coming to her flat to verify my status in the UK - which was very worrying indeed.
Sorry for such a long post - it really is a complex and multidimensional situation - I just want to secure the best option given all of the above.
Regards
Veronica

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (HRO) or other options - help please!!

Post by avjones » Mon May 23, 2022 2:17 pm

I think the reason you've not had any replies is that you really need specific advice on your mother's case, with all the documents and facts available. I'd suggest going to an immigration solicitor.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Mon May 23, 2022 3:14 pm

Nika82 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 10:05 am
Hello
My situation in brief is as follows - and having researched for a while I cannot make a decision and really need some help and advise.
I am a British citizen - moved here from Belarus on a spouse visa in 2006.
My family has been visiting me on numerous occasions via visitors visas. At the moment, due to the situation in Ukraine and the fact that Belarus is a Russian ally with multiple sanctions imposed and also air space closed to Europe for over a year, my mum came over in March to stay - she has currently got a 5 year visitors visa that expires in June next year. She has no other family in Belarus or relatives, she also has some health issues including mobility - where she cannot walk and needs a wheelchair for any trips. I managed to get her across to the UK via Turkey with special assistance, etc as it was the only option at the time and the trip was very hard for her due to her conditions ( she is 68 years old).
I am getting her some private assessment for her back and RA in the UK, however she has to go back in September to comply with visitors' visa requirements. Given the current situation and the fact the HO advise is to avoid visiting Belarus due to risk of military action and terrorism, as well as my fear of conflict involving Belarus ( Belarus has Russian troops and military currently on its territory and the rhetoric of our dictator Lukashenko is very hostile and unstable) - what is my best option to extend my mother's stay - at least for the next 30 months? Is FLR(HRO) my best option? I am fully aware of the current chances of securing such type of visa, but given the war and my mother fragile state - would it not be classed as exceptional circumstances?
P.S. Please note that I have not been back to Belarus since 2020 - when the protests broke and currently fear of doing so for detention and prosecution - as UK is classed as Belarussian enemy right now, and last year my mother had local police coming to her flat to verify my status in the UK - which was very worrying indeed.
Sorry for such a long post - it really is a complex and multidimensional situation - I just want to secure the best option given all of the above.
Regards
Veronica
It's a very tricky one, not sure you'd find many people with experience on this issue. My personal opinion. The fact that your mother is Belarussian, would make your case very weak. The UK and most of the West are currently hostile to Russia and Belarus, sanctions are flying in front, right and center. You're better of finding a very good lawyer.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Nika82
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Nika82 » Mon May 23, 2022 6:15 pm

Thank you for your reply. Appreciate any feedback. Would the case of dozens of thousands of bielarusians are currently fleeing the regime through humanitarian visas to Poland, Latvia and Lithuania make a case for geniune reason to stay with the only family you have anywhere in the UK? Would anyone happen to know a genuine e and good lawyer they could recommend? I know unfortunately the majority are just there to give you what you want to hear and take your money with no end result.
Thanks again
V

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Tue May 24, 2022 11:30 am

Nika82 wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 6:15 pm
Thank you for your reply. Appreciate any feedback. Would the case of dozens of thousands of bielarusians are currently fleeing the regime through humanitarian visas to Poland, Latvia and Lithuania make a case for geniune reason to stay with the only family you have anywhere in the UK? Would anyone happen to know a genuine e and good lawyer they could recommend? I know unfortunately the majority are just there to give you what you want to hear and take your money with no end result.
Thanks again
V
Everyone is a stranger here. You would need to google and find a good lawyer for yourself.
I don't mean that in a bad way, but it's part of the forum rules.
Best of luck!
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Nika82
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Nika82 » Tue May 24, 2022 2:05 pm

Thank you!