ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unclear what documents needed for renewal of existing stamp 4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

branbranbran
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Unclear what documents needed for renewal of existing stamp 4

Post by branbranbran » Sat May 14, 2022 11:25 am

Hello, good day!

Has anyone recently renewed an existing stamp 4 visa that they've had for 2 years based on originally switching to stamp 4 from a stamp 1 (critical skills)?

This document: https://www.irishimmigration.ie/wp-cont ... pdf#page17

It lists reasons how you originally received your stamp 4, but none of the listed reasons are related to the situation described above (had stamp 1 via CESP, moved to stamp 4, and that existing stamp 4 has to be renewed after 2 years).

Im hoping someone has experience here and might know the documents required during renewal so I can figure this out in advance of the email wait times for inquiries.

Thanks so much!

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Unclear what documents needed for renewal of existing stamp 4

Post by littlerr » Sat May 14, 2022 11:40 am

The same documents that you used for your first Stamp 4.

branbranbran
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by branbranbran » Sat May 14, 2022 11:42 am

littlerr wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 11:40 am
The same documents that you used for your first Stamp 4.
I'm not sure that's entirely accurate. My first application required a stamp 4 support letter to confirm completion of 2 years on critical skills. Stamp 4 allows me permission to work anywhere without any permit.

mads32
Ireland

Post by mads32 » Sat May 14, 2022 12:19 pm

I renewed my Stamp 4 Critical Skills based visa last December. I sent them 3 payslips and a letter from my company saying I worked there.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Sat May 14, 2022 12:23 pm

- Address proof (utility bills etc)
- Letter from employer

Nice to have: Last payslip but they never checked it.

This is how I renewed my stamp4 in garda station recently

branbranbran
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by branbranbran » Sat May 14, 2022 12:28 pm

mentalmind wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 12:23 pm
- Letter from employer

Thanks, this is helpful, but I'm still unsure if a "letter from employer" is a required document - stamp 4 enables you to start your own business, and "that you may work" but nothing that says you have to work.

For context, I'm planning on taking a career break and trying out different part time jobs that's supplemented by some money I came into.

So if im not employed at time of application I'm unsure what the legal requirements/ qualifications are to renew and thus the docs needed.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sat May 14, 2022 3:51 pm

You will need a letter from the employer to prove that you are either employed or self-employed. It doesn’t matter if the employer is the same one before, but you need to have an employer.

If you want to simply take a career break and don’t work for anyone, you will need to show substantial proof that you are able to support yourself for the next two years and you will not become a burden of the state. In addition, the officer may decide to give you a shorter period of validity or ask for more documents during the renewal process.

branbranbran
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by branbranbran » Sat May 14, 2022 3:55 pm

littlerr wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 3:51 pm
You will need a letter from the employer to prove that you are either employed or self-employed. It doesn’t matter if the employer is the same one before, but you need to have an employer.

If you want to simply take a career break and don’t work for anyone, you will need to show substantial proof that you are able to support yourself for the next two years and you will not become a burden of the state. In addition, the officer may decide to give you a shorter period of validity or ask for more documents during the renewal process.
Thank you! And for this employer, do I need to show a minimum number of hours worked, salary, etc - you can see how this all gets convoluted with such a requirement with no specific details.

I also qualify to substitute teach. But you work for various schools, and pick up "shifts" as you want. How will I be able to prove all this in a letter?
Last edited by branbranbran on Sat May 14, 2022 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

branbranbran
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by branbranbran » Sat May 14, 2022 3:55 pm

littlerr wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 3:51 pm

Thank you! And for this employer, do I need to show a minimum number of hours worked, salary, etc - you can see how this all gets convoluted with such a requirement with no specific details.

branbranbran
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by branbranbran » Sat May 14, 2022 4:23 pm

mads32 wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 12:19 pm
I renewed my Stamp 4 Critical Skills based visa last December. I sent them 3 payslips and a letter from my company saying I worked there.
mentalmind wrote:
- Letter from employer

How long were each of your permissions extended for?

lovebino
Ireland

Post by lovebino » Sat May 14, 2022 7:38 pm

I have recently renewed mine and I had the following:
1. Employment confirmation letter
2. Payslips showing my income ( I showed them 1 year)
3. Bank statement (I showed them 1 years)
4. Proof of Address (I used my Electricity Bill)
5. Medical Insurance(optional, I would say), cover by my company.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sat May 14, 2022 8:41 pm

I don’t think there are specific requirements on what needs to be in the letter. Every employer should have some sort of templates for visa purposes. As a minimum it should include your name, address, job title and a telephone number in case they need to verify with your employer. Most letters will also include some of the below: passport number, DOB, how long you have been with the company, salary, working hours etc.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Mon May 16, 2022 12:38 am

branbranbran wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 4:23 pm
mads32 wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 12:19 pm
mentalmind wrote:
- Letter from employer

How long were each of your permissions extended for?
1 year. I am on Stamp 4, based on 5 year residency with Stamp. So I get it renewed every year with same documents I mentioned above.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Mon May 16, 2022 12:44 am

branbranbran wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 12:28 pm
Thanks, this is helpful, but I'm still unsure if a "letter from employer" is a required document - stamp 4 enables you to start your own business, and "that you may work" but nothing that says you have to work.

For context, I'm planning on taking a career break and trying out different part time jobs that's supplemented by some money I came into.

So if im not employed at time of application I'm unsure what the legal requirements/ qualifications are to renew and thus the docs needed.
For Stamp 1 and Stamp 4 for non-EU residents, you must have a reason to stay in Ireland to get residence permit. You are supposed to be employed (own company or some other company) if you are based on work reasons. Otherwise you have to notify the DBEI or Garda and find a job in 6 months or leave Ireland. If your residence permit is supposed to expire in less than 6 months, Garda would extend it for you to 6 months, otherwise you have to find a job or leave. I have always asked & provided letter from my employer when I am due to permit renewal.

Afaik, and I might be wrong, you can't just quit your job and hang out in Ireland with no work/study reasons, if you came here for employment purposes.

jeetb
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by jeetb » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:26 am

Can someone please summarise what documents are required for renewing Stamp 4.
I had transitioned from Stamp 1 (critical skills) to Stamp 4 two years ago, and now I want to renew Stamp 4 for another 2 years.

Also, can I apply 12 weeks before expiry date for the online renewal?