ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension for FLR (m) application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wak9001
United Kingdom

Extension for FLR (m) application

Post by wak9001 » Tue May 17, 2022 12:20 pm

Hi,

I have a family member whose spouse visa is due to expire next month, however, due to him losing his job, it means he's not got the documents ready as of yet and needs more time to accumilate his payslips.

He won't be ready to apply for the FLR(m) can he get some more time to submit the documents from home office or is that not an option?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Extension for FLR (m) application

Post by Ticktack » Tue May 17, 2022 2:17 pm

wak9001 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 12:20 pm
Hi,

I have a family member whose spouse visa is due to expire next month, however, due to him losing his job, it means he's not got the documents ready as of yet and needs more time to accumilate his payslips.

He won't be ready to apply for the FLR(m) can he get some more time to submit the documents from home office or is that not an option?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks
That's such a tough situation to be in. Unfortunately the only way I see is to apply FLR(FP). But please note that this would reset his path towards the 10 year route. Meaning he would still have 7.5 years to go to be eligible for ILR.

Once the BRP expires before he decides on his next move, then he's going to be in a pickle.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!