ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First British passport application issue

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

First British passport application issue

Post by Cristina88 » Thu May 19, 2022 11:45 am

Hi

(my original thread is now locked so have to start a new one)

My husband applied for first British passport on 6 Apr, identity verified same day, documents delivered same day, documents shown submitted on portal on 19 Apr.

I have an emergency travel next week so I called helpline and was shocked when they said they see application date 7 May and no payment was made and they are awaiting documents. I told them I have proofs and screenshots. My worry is I lost a month just because of some technical error and now have an urgent travel.

Is there a way to chase and expedite the passport on urgent basis ?
Please let me know what can I do :cry:

Thanks a lot

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Re: First British passport application issue

Post by mesn » Fri May 20, 2022 1:41 pm

Cristina88 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 11:45 am
Hi

(my original thread is now locked so have to start a new one)

My husband applied for first British passport on 6 Apr, identity verified same day, documents delivered same day, documents shown submitted on portal on 19 Apr.

I have an emergency travel next week so I called helpline and was shocked when they said they see application date 7 May and no payment was made and they are awaiting documents. I told them I have proofs and screenshots. My worry is I lost a month just because of some technical error and now have an urgent travel.

Is there a way to chase and expedite the passport on urgent basis ?
Please let me know what can I do :cry:

Thanks a lot
You need to call them and share your flight tickets. They will prioritize and deliver this to you before your flight date.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Re: First British passport application issue

Post by Cristina88 » Sat May 21, 2022 11:10 pm

I called / emailed / msged on twitter but no help!

I sent them medical letter from doctor citing my mothers illness (recovering from cancer and require another surgery) and the response I got is insufficient reason to expedite application.
So I booked a flight and sent flight tickets, but still havent got any response.

I opted for a humanitarian British citizenship but the first experience of getting British passport is inhumane.

Is there any way to contact HMPO directly and get passport in couple of days (already passed 8 weeks). I am losing hope & cursing myself for going through the pain of getting BC :-(
I just hope nothing unfortunate happens back home while I am struggling with incapability of HMPO.