ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1(General) Dependant-Document Checklist-Please Validate

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ramgsk

Tier1(General) Dependant-Document Checklist-Please Validate

Post by ramgsk » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:21 am

Hi,

I have recently got Tier1 (General) visa.
I am still in India, applying Tier1 Dependant visa for my wife.

I have following document checklist for applying. Can experienced campaigners please validate it

1) VAF 10
2) Her passport
3) My bank statement for last 3 months showing maintenance funds for 4400 GBP (VFS CC guys are saying 15 months, but I think we need to show only 3 months for Maintenance Funds)
4) My Marriage Registration Certificate
5) Full Copy of my passport showing the visa details
6) Covering Letter
7) A xeroxed copy set of all the above (This might not be needed, but only to be conservative)
8. My marriage photos

Can experienced guys let me know whether it covers everything fine. Would wait for your replies. Thanks in advance.
- Ramgsk

klop
Newly Registered

Post by klop » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:51 am

Mate,
I believe you forgot passport sized photo of your wife. but generally it looks OK!
By the way, could you please share your dependant cover letter here? it will be useful for other guys and myself.
good luck!

ramgsk

Post by ramgsk » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:01 pm

Hi klop,
Yup! I should have added Photo also in the list. Thanks

Covering letter - I haven't prepared it yet, would be done in a day or two, would be posting it definitely in the forum.
- Ramgsk

ramgsk

Post by ramgsk » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:04 pm

The updated one.

I have recently got Tier1 (General) visa.
I am still in India, applying Tier1 Dependant visa for my wife.

I have following document checklist for applying. Can experienced campaigners please validate it

1) VAF 10
2) Her passport
3) My bank statement for last 3 months showing maintenance funds for 4400 GBP (VFS CC guys are saying 15 months, but I think we need to show only 3 months for Maintenance Funds)
6) Covering Letter
7) A xeroxed copy set of all the above (This might not be needed, but only to be conservative)
8. My marriage photos
9) Her passport size photo

Any suggestions or validations please! from the gurus.
- Ramgsk

kapoor@yahoo.com

Post by kapoor@yahoo.com » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:45 pm

Accomodation Proof

and any employment related letter(optional)

ramgsk

Post by ramgsk » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:36 am

I have applied for Tier1 General Dependant visa for my wife with the following documents on yesterday Nov 26th at VFS Hyd, India.

) VAF 10
2) Her passport
6) Covering Letter
7) My marriage photos
8. Her passport size photo
9) Sponsorship letter [A letter to BHC saying that we sponsor the dependant, and we take care of all the funds the spouse without recourse to public funds], which I drafted in front of him when he asked it.

The VFS guy asked about my IT returns document, I asked him why do I need to give them when it is for dependant, he questioned me like whether I am ready to go ahead for the application with these documents only. I assured him yes, he filed the application as is.
- Ramgsk

bossvikas
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by bossvikas » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:31 am

Hi
I had a query regarding dependents. I will be applying for myself in a few days. My wife would apply if I get the visa. That would be about a month after I apply.

When I submit my application, I am indicating that my wife would accompany me in a few months and am showing the necessary maintenance funds.

But. do I need to submit the Marriage Certificate and Marriage Photographs at the time of my application or at the time of her application.

Thanks in advance
Best Regards
Vikas

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re:

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:16 pm

bossvikas wrote:
But. do I need to submit the Marriage Certificate and Marriage Photographs at the time of my application or at the time of her application.

Thanks in advance
Best Regards
Vikas
Vikas,,,

you require to submit marriage certificate/ photos and dependent related docs when you are applying for visa for your wife... now both the above docs are not required...

goodluck

ramgsk

Re:

Post by ramgsk » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:27 pm

Hi tvn_ramesh,

I am on job in UK now, my wife in India would apply for dependant visa for my kid in India.

I don't think with the Tier1 system (as opposed to HSMP), we need to submit any rental agreement papers while applying for my kid in India, am I right?

I can submit my UK employment related proofs, maintenance funds and related documents though.

Can you or any other senior guy let me know if I am right or do we still need to submit rental agreement papers while applying for dependant visas now ?
- Ramgsk

kandasamy

Post by kandasamy » Sat May 30, 2009 7:56 am

Hi All,

Good morning.

I got my Tier 1 general Visa 2 months back and I am planning to apply dependant visa for my spouse and kid.

I am looking for the covering letter format for dependant. Could you please share the covering letter format to me.

Regards

Kandasamy