ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 (possibly silly) questions for FLR(M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mattero
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

2 (possibly silly) questions for FLR(M)

Post by mattero » Fri May 20, 2022 11:24 am

Hi all

I have been going through all the previous topics on this board and they have really helped me in preparing my wife's FLR(M) application, the deadline for which is the end of next month when her BRP expires.

I do however have 2 questions I was wondering someone could answer assist with as I am still slightly unclear on the answers.

1. My wife sat and passed her A2 English test earlier this week. However the pass email says 'provisional result' and says a final result email will follow. Presumably I can only submit the application after the final email is received?

2. On the cohabitation evidence, I remain a little unclear on the most suitable approach. Assuming 1 joint utility bill and all other evidences being single, my understanding is that I need to effectively provide 10 total documents, being 2 joint bills (say Sep 20 and Nov 21) and 8 single pieces of correspondence (bank statements, hospital letters, GP etc). Is this correct? Is it better to provide the single evidence in the same month (so hospital letter for wife in January 21 and bank statement for me in January 21)?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: 2 (possibly silly) questions for FLR(M)

Post by Ticktack » Fri May 20, 2022 12:10 pm

mattero wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 11:24 am
2. On the cohabitation evidence, I remain a little unclear on the most suitable approach. Assuming 1 joint utility bill and all other evidences being single, my understanding is that I need to effectively provide 10 total documents, being 2 joint bills (say Sep 20 and Nov 21) and 8 single pieces of correspondence (bank statements, hospital letters, GP etc). Is this correct? Is it better to provide the single evidence in the same month (so hospital letter for wife in January 21 and bank statement for me in January 21)?

You need to provide 5 joints letters or bills or 10 individual (5 in her name and 5 in yours). This has to be spread across every 5-6 months.

So if you have 2 joint names, you need 4 individuals (total 8), 3 joint names 2 individuals (total 4). So invariably, everyone has 5 documents with their names and address on it. Same month is fine also the next month is ok.
It has to cover the last 30 months.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri May 20, 2022 4:09 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 12:10 pm
mattero wrote:

You need to provide 5 joints letters or bills or 10 individual (5 in her name and 5 in yours). This has to be spread across every 5-6 months.

So if you have 2 joint names, you need 4 individuals (total 8), 3 joint names 2 individuals (total 4). So invariably, everyone has 5 documents with their names and address on it. Same month is fine also the next month is ok.
The requirement is 6 documents in joint names or 12 if in single names :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mattero
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mattero » Fri May 20, 2022 4:15 pm

Thank you both. That makes perfect sense i.e. you need 6 documents for each showing their name. If it's joint you only need 6, if it's single you need 12.

I assume ticktack probably just mistyped on the 5/10.

Anyone know about the final query re English result?

mavaas11
United Kingdom

Post by mavaas11 » Fri May 20, 2022 7:05 pm

Hi Buddy,

12 pieces single, or 6 joint.
And no its not last 30 months, it for the last 2 years minimum preceding application. 2 years is fine, with 3-4 months gap.

Also, provisional result is not confirmed. So you should definitely apply after you get the result confirmation. And upload the result certificate once you get it

regards

mavaas11
United Kingdom

Post by mavaas11 » Fri May 20, 2022 7:05 pm

mattero wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 4:15 pm
Thank you both. That makes perfect sense i.e. you need 6 documents for each showing their name. If it's joint you only need 6, if it's single you need 12.

Hi Buddy,

And no its not last 30 months, it for the last 2 years minimum preceding application. 2 years is fine, with 3-4 months gap.

Also, provisional result is not confirmed. So you should definitely apply after you get the result confirmation. And upload the result certificate once you get it

regards

mattero
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mattero » Fri May 20, 2022 11:11 pm

Brilliant, clear on both counts now. Thank you so much to everyone.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Sat May 21, 2022 6:16 pm

Casa wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 4:09 pm
Ticktack wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 12:10 pm
mattero wrote:

Yep absolutely correct Casa. One of those days I wasn't counting properly. :D

The requirement is 6 documents in joint names or 12 if in single names :idea:

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Sat May 21, 2022 6:19 pm

mavaas11 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 7:05 pm
mattero wrote:

Hi Buddy,

And no its not last 30 months, it for the last 2 years minimum preceding application. 2 years is fine, with 3-4 months gap.FLR (M) are issued for 2.5 years. So it should ideally cover the period from the last issue. Hence the 30 months.

regards

mavaas11
United Kingdom

Post by mavaas11 » Sat May 21, 2022 9:31 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 6:19 pm
mavaas11 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 7:05 pm
mattero wrote:

Hi Buddy,

And no its not last 30 months, it for the last 2 years minimum preceding application. 2 years is fine, with 3-4 months gap.FLR (M) are issued for 2.5 years. So it should ideally cover the period from the last issue. Hence the 30 months.

regards
No buddy, Read up, even though the FLRM visa when issued is for 30 months, 2.5 years. They only ask for minimum 2 years

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun May 22, 2022 10:43 am

The initial spouse visa is not FLRM. Correspondence covering 24months preceeding application is acceptable.