ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ECS check is taking weeks & I might lose new job as result

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ElVee79
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ECS check is taking weeks & I might lose new job as result

Post by ElVee79 » Mon May 23, 2022 10:05 pm

Hello everyone,

I recently received a conditional offer for my dream job. The recruitment partner for the company submitted my information to the ECS on the 27th of April and told me it could take up to five working days for the checks to complete.

When I didn't hear anything I was told by the recruitment partner that because of a Covid backlog, I might not hear back for up to twenty days. That deadline has gone and both she and the hiring manager are unable to reach the ECS to ascertain the status of my my check.

I was told today that if my ECS check does not come back by the end of this week, that they will withdraw my job offer. I was supposed to have started my new job today and they did not expect it to take this long. I am absolutely devastated at the prospect of losing my dream job because of red tape. Can anyone please advise?

For background, I have an American Passport but moved to the UK when I was six months old and have lived and worked only here ever since (March 4th 1980). My mother is British and I have indefinite leave to remain. I had a UKVCAS appointment last Thursday where my biometric information was collected and my supporting information submitted to UKVI. Because of mother's British nationality and the fact that I've lived here since before 1983, the gentleman with whom I had my appointment said there should be no problem with my becoming a naturalised British citizen.

Would it be worth providing my (hopefully) new employer my UAN number to submit to the ECS, or will that only complicate things? I'm utterly at a loss as to why this check is taking so long!

Sincere thanks for any help that anyone can provide.

Tallywithme
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ECS check is taking weeks & I might lose new job as result

Post by Tallywithme » Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:01 pm

I have been waiting for mine for a few weeks now. Did you get any response? I did give my employer my UAN number and my application form number. I wonder what the hold up is, I am unable to work while I wait. I wrote to my MP a week ago and I am hoping I get a reply.

Has someone heard anything?

Dragonfly19
Newly Registered
Cambodia

Re: ECS check is taking weeks & I might lose new job as result

Post by Dragonfly19 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:58 pm

Hi. My perspective employee submitted an ECS check for me in early June- also a dream job and we haven’t heard anything. I read somewhere that writing to MP might help. I also read someone else’s post that his/her check was not submitted correctly by the HR correctly. I was thinking of asking Hr if there is an acknowledgment letter. Fingers crossed all of our checks come back quickly for the new job!