ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

claimimg public funds

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yembby
Newly Registered

claimimg public funds

Post by yembby » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:50 pm

[size=18][/size] my spouse and i have no recourse to public funds, we have children on whose behalf we have never collected ANY money, eg child benefit, child tax credit, child trust funds etc though our kids were born here.

a friend of mine says we could legally apply for child benefit, or get a relative with no immigration restrictions to get it in our behalf without any future repercussions.

is this true? our house hold income dropped drastically recently, it would be a shame to be denying our kids the money if they are legally entitled to it.

kindly advise. thank you.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:59 pm

What immigration status do you and your partner have in the UK?

I have read into your post that neither of you have permanent status in the UK. If that is the case your children do not have access to any benefits in the same way you don't have access.

Getting someone else to claim is benefit fraud, simple as that.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:11 pm

Just as the "Sage" says, if you dont have access to any public funds, your children dont either. Its regardless of the point whether you have used public funds or not, as you were never entitled to them in the first place.

In perspective, best wishes for your financial situation to improve.
Skeptic

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:34 pm

I have moved this topic to the Claiming Benefits section.

As well as the "What immigration status do you and your partner have in the UK?" question from Frontier Mole, could you please post details of the nationality of you and your partner/spouse. Also, if either of you have worked in another country, apart from that of your nationality, or the UK, please post details of the country worked in.

RIFF, this is a very technical matter .... if only it was that simple!
John