ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home Office never returned citizenship cert & foreign passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zoltan_the_conqueror
Newly Registered
Ireland

Home Office never returned citizenship cert & foreign passport

Post by zoltan_the_conqueror » Thu May 26, 2022 2:04 pm

Hi all,

My wife recently got her UK citizenship and subsequently applied for her first UK passport. She received her new UK passport after several weeks, however the citizenship certification and foreign passport she needed to apply with were never returned.

Does anyone know of a number/email address I can try to use to get in touch with them?

It isn't the end of the world... I can always request replacement documents, but it is really annoying as the citizenship and passport cost a fair amount of time, effort and money.

thanks!

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Home Office never returned citizenship cert & foreign passport

Post by Ticktack » Thu May 26, 2022 2:15 pm

zoltan_the_conqueror wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 2:04 pm
Hi all,

My wife recently got her UK citizenship and subsequently applied for her first UK passport. She received her new UK passport after several weeks, however the citizenship certification and foreign passport she needed to apply with were never returned.

Does anyone know of a number/email address I can try to use to get in touch with them?

It isn't the end of the world... I can always request replacement documents, but it is really annoying as the citizenship and passport cost a fair amount of time, effort and money.

thanks!
You would get that separately. It comes a week or 2 after you receive the British Passport. Just be patient.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

zoltan_the_conqueror
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by zoltan_the_conqueror » Thu May 26, 2022 2:36 pm

Thanks... it has been close to a month now, so getting a wee bit anxious! :-o

crymeariver321
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by crymeariver321 » Thu May 26, 2022 2:39 pm

Due to high demand, this is going to take much longer.
I got my documents back 4 weeks after new Passort.
I also paid for recorded tracking on. Royal mail will emails with updates.