ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization of parent and registration of child as British citizen at same time?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CosmosS
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Naturalization of parent and registration of child as British citizen at same time?

Post by CosmosS » Thu May 26, 2022 4:15 pm

After a year of having ILR, I know I will become eligible to apply for consideration of naturalization via form AN (I have less than 10 months left).
My child was born in the UK last year, prior to me getting settled status. He is eligible for registration using MN1 now that I have my ILR.

My question is, would I be saving another application fee if both of us do the british citizenship applications at the same time? Or that would not work out because we will be using different forms (One process is applying for naturalisation for me and the other is registration for my child).

Many thanks. As otherwise, I`ll apply for the child now if it makes no difference in fees really.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalization of parent and registration of child as British citizen at same time?

Post by alterhase58 » Thu May 26, 2022 4:23 pm

It's possible to apply together online but the fee is per applicant so no savings to be had.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.