ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying from abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ggold22
Newly Registered
Italy

Applying from abroad

Post by ggold22 » Fri May 27, 2022 12:25 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your help in advance.

I'm an italian citizen with Settled Status applying for citizenship in the UK. I have three questions relating to the application I wanted to get some advice on.

1. Firstly, I wanted to ask whether is it okay to apply for the british citizentship thus filing the online form while being temporarily abroad (on holidays). I travelled a lot this year and will have my days outside of the UK back to a good amount (less than 90 days) in July, while I planned to go on holidays. What I'm stressing is, I will have to declare that my last trip outside of the UK is continuing until the day I formally apply.

2. I've been working with my motorbike for the past five years and accumulated a number of PCNs (in the region of 6-8). I would say this is pretty normal if living in London where there's cameras everywhere but I wanted to come clean and declare these anyway.

3. I have been told once sending the documents it would be good to attach a cover letter explaining thins the online form doesn't allow you to explain (background, fines, reason why I want to live in the UK, ...). Is this correct?

Thanks for reading.

Best regards,

G. G.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Applying from abroad

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:17 pm

Never apply from abroad. They will see it and they will notice that on your application date, you were not in the UK. This can trigger a refusal with a loss of application fees. Don't do that please.

For the PCNs, depends what type of PCNs. If it's something given by a private parking warden because your overstayed at a Tesco or Aldi parking, that's a private/civil mater between yourself and the land owner. It doesn't mean anything for the Home Office.

In order hand, offenses for speeding, driving without insurance... etc. can have an adverse effect on your application but it's hard to quantify. It depends who serious they were, when they happened last and how many times.

But in nutshell, don't apply from abroad.