ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Brp and job question

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sliyk3
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Brp and job question

Post by Sliyk3 » Fri May 27, 2022 10:23 pm

Hi everyone
I have a question for the hive mind here. I am a GP currently working in the UK on a tier 2 visa that was extended to August 2022 (brp).

I have finished my GP training and so my training job will finish at the end of June. I wanted to ask, will my brp still be valid when my job finishes in June but brp goes on till August? Is there a chance that my tier 2 will be cancelled and I be asked to leave?
I have asked my current employer to give me a COS as I am now a fully qualified GP (and not in training so different employer now) but they are dragging their feet.

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: Brp and job question

Post by ywlgy » Sat May 28, 2022 7:35 pm

When your job finishes, your employer will report it to UKVI and they will curtail the visa to 60 days or do nothing if there are less than 60 days validity left. So you should be able to stay until August.

You will need to submit application before visa expiry.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.